mint condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mint condition

hi i would love to hear what is mint for you? what do you consider mint? what does this actually means?
    thanx for replies

Unused

Hi,

DonĀ“t know, if i got the point.
    Mint is a cross, that is in a unused, perfect condition without any wear.

Gerd

Comment

Gerd said it.
      George

Comment

"Mint" is an unambiguous term - it means never used, never worn, no scratches, no wear, no significant tarnish. About the only way a medal or badge can be mint is if it was not issued, or if it was presented in a case and the recipient immediately put it away and wore a copy.

Some people use the term "minty," which is meaningless in my opinion, although it could mean that if you put it in your mouth it freshens your breath.

Tim
        "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tezer
          "Mint" is an unambiguous term - it means never used, never worn, no scratches, no wear, no significant tarnish. About the only way a medal or badge can be mint is if it was not issued, or if it was presented in a case and the recipient immediately put it away and wore a copy.

Some people use the term "minty," which is meaningless in my opinion, although it could mean that if you put it in your mouth it freshens your breath.

Tim
          In this hobby, there is no such thing as mint. Mint doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
            In this hobby, there is no such thing as mint. Mint doesn't exist.
            Why not? As said before, if it's never been used, why isn't it "mint"?

Hank
            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Jerry, I agree with Hank, I just purchased this EK2 and if this isn't mint then please explain to me why not.
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=131684

Les

Comment

"Mint" has also become a slang term here in good ol' Blighty for "fabulous,excellent,brilliant,great" etc...I'm sure that it originally came from "The Royal Mint" where British currency coins are made.When they come off the line nice,fresh,sparkly and untouched by human hands it is said to be "Mint"...

Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X