EK1 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 opinions

Hi doe's any one have any thoughts on this one?It looks like a copper or brass core? Or just the photo?? I can not find any photos ETC: of the date 1939, the 3 looks differant than any I have seen.Or is it a total fake? Thanks In advance David R.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David R.; 11-21-2003, 09:27 PM.

The back
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello David,
      I am no expert. Some EK's did indeed have brass cores. Your EK is on the rough side and I may be totally wrong, I'm still learning about these things, but there is something about the beading around the core that looks out of wack to me. It may be a good one that's been stepped on a few times or something, but the beading doesn't seem quite right to me.

We should wait for George to chime in, or Gordon, or Frank, or Greg, you get my drift. Let someone who has seen a ton of these make a comment.

Comment

Cross like original to me, the pin is a bit of concern, maybe it has been replaced still too beaten up and neglected for any serious collection.
        I would pass on this one

Comment

Hi David,
          I am no expert either, but the numbers don't look right to me or as gary said the beading. On the 3 o clock arm it seems to dip inward. Thats my guess. My guess is not worth that much though.
          Best, Sal

Comment

I've never seen numbers like these -- without the balls on the bottoms of the "3" and the "9s" -- on any EK other than a Schinkel, which this ain't. I'm not necessarily saying that it's bad, but I wouldn't rush out and buy it either.
            Attached Files
            George

Comment

George,
              Isn't The silver border really fat between the 12 and3 oclock arms?! It looks so wrong.
              Best, Sal

Comment

i'm having a VERY DIFFICULT TIME with that beading....

'scuse me, i have to go take some midol....

NIMC. (not in my collection)

jdc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X