39/57 medal bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

39/57 medal bar?

Here is an interesting oddity. The medals are all original, but have been professionally remounted using modern materials. Modern synthetic ribbons etc. I would not consider this mounting job "fake"...I have seen 57 reissue medals mounted the same way.
    Attached Files

Here's another probable post-war mounting of a pre-1945 piece -- an Austrian tri-fold mounted KVK 2 with swords mounted backwards on a modern day-glo ribbon.
    Attached Files
    George

Comment

Reverse (obverse?).
      Attached Files
      George

Comment

Maker's mark.
        Attached Files
        George

Comment

intended to deceive

Why would anyone consider this to be anything but a fabricated fake medal bar? No one in Europe would be allowed to wear these medals like this, I would say that rules out a legit '57 set up.

Original medals on fake ribbons mounted parade style is fake in my book. Toss out everything not pre 1945, and what do you have? Three loose medals. Just because some yokel did a nice job mounting them doesnt mean anything.

Medal bar building isnt rocket science.

Georges example though, it what I would expect for a post war setup using period medals.

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Comment

Actually, this set up could deceive no one who has even a bit of knowledge..but it is very well done, and very much like 57 mounted medals so I thought it might be interesting to see...if that is OK with you Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Schroeder
                No one in Europe would be allowed to wear these medals like this, I would say that rules out a legit '57 set up.
                In Spain it would have been allowed, but I do agree with all your other points.

Comment

One of our forum members a few months ago posted pictures of a medal bar that he had made up, think it was done in England, using original medals with repo ribbons and mounting technology.
                  So definately can be done quite easily.

Comment

Of course its OK Andy, thanks for sharing!

I just disagreed with you that this might be a 57 set up, sorry if I came on a bit strong.

Actually, I was using the point brought up by Dez about a forum member creating a display using real medals with fake ribbons, plus the fact that a recent thread showing modern Bund medal bars still being done in this fashion ...as a mental point of reference.

..and thanks for the correction Dan!

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X