Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest findings

Hello everyone,
    i would like to share with you a small lot of EKIIs that i got during a nice weekend in Austria:

- nice EKII unmarked but typical from Souval with austrian mounting style.
    - nice wide frame EKII, guess from no 24 maker but ring&loop are not marked.
    - nice EKII unmarked that i am not able to identify... any help on this one?
    - an EKII one piece ribbon bar
    - a couple of bottons with a small EK II ribbon (guess for civilian dress)

and finally an interesting item that i believe to be a flawed piece of an EK frame construction... anyone can recognize the possible maker of it?

Well i have to say that small flea markets and antique shops are still giving out some little gratification there
    Cheers,
    Stefano
    Attached Files

Very nice stuff!
    George

Comment

Interesting crosses .
      The first one on the left looks like clawfoot corners -? so possibly a Souval . The dates and the others are too dark and not clear enough . What size is the cross sitting on the ribbon ? Appears to be larger than the one to the right . The far one on the right , .... indeed an error in trimming , can't tell if original .

Douglas
      Last edited by Douglas 5; 05-20-2009, 11:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Thanks George, Douglas.
        The first one on the left has the classic Souval frame details and i think has also the dipping 3 that i guess is not so common for the EK II core.
        About the dimensinion i think the second left is quite regular on about 45 mm, i think the third cross it's a little smaller than usual, unfortunately i don't have the EKs with me at the moment and cannot provide you precise info.
        I will try to post some better pictures and info later on.
        Cheers,
        Stefano

Comment

Very nice additions Stefano!
          The unmarked cross third from the left is a '75'.

Comment

Thanks a lot Adrian, is this maker no 75 still an unknown one?
            I think i have seen it on the general manufacturers list on the forum... in this case it's even more inetersting.
            Stefano

Comment

Here we go with some better pics, this is the "75", hope you can get some unusual details on this cross, pretty interesting i have to admitt.
              Stefano
              Attached Files

Comment

the other side
                Attached Files

Comment

That date is unmistakeable. Compare to my marked example.....
                  Attached Files

Comment

oh yes, never seen such numbers design before!
                    Your EK is duly marked on the ring for a great example, thanks again Adrian

Comment

This is the front of the supposed no "24" maker, i think i have seen some similar references on other threads on the forum. Is this correct?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very good Adrian ! At times all one needs is one good small detail !

Douglas

Comment

and the other side
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HuD View Post
                            This is the front of the supposed no "24" maker
                            '24' would get my vote on this one Stefano. Note how the inner corners have been filed down to accomodate a swastika should his half of the frame been used on the front.

Comment

Adrian, this details is very clear, for sure it was a front frame plate used for the other side.

I am posting now the pictures of the last two pieces... first one is the Souval.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X