• Show
Clear All

Outrageous EK 2 Ebay story

Hitler's submarine! New Jersey!

Read this before the listing gets pulled:

http://cgi.ebay.com/World-War-II-Iro...QQcmdZViewItem

The mind boggles.

At least it is a creative story.

I actully feel sorry for the person who will fall for this. Anyone that dumb I would feel sorry for.

To bad you cannot make a fake 5000$ private bid on it just to get the guys hopes up.

The sad thing is the guy who is selling it most lkely belives the story.

Comment

Here's the drivel in case the auction gets pulled. It really is a very imaginative story.....

I found this Iron Cross medal in Spring Lake, NJ by the railroad tracks.

After a little help from some friends and alot of research, we believe we have figured out how this Iron Cross landed on the Jersey Shore.

In 1991, a few divers located a German U boat- which is believed to have been Hitler's Lost Sub, 60 miles off the cost of Brielle, NJ. This U boat was believed to be on a secret mission against the USA as it was thought that the ship was off the coast of Africa until it was discovered off the coast of NJ in 1991. It is also believed that they had fired a torpedo and technology not being what it is today, the torpedo turned around and backfired on them sinking their submarine.

On this ship were two people who could have been wearing a medal like this--Helmut Neuerburg- Commander of the U Boat & Martin Horenburg who was the Senior Radio operator.

I stumbled upon this medal in Spring Lake on an afternoon walk. It is ridden with much rust, but understandebly so, as I found it in the Spring of 2002! Which means it was in the water for quite a LONG time!

You can see the dates on the front and back along with the swatiska which is in the middle of the Iron Cross.

It's pretty neat, but I am not much of a collector. This would mean alot to someone who collects World War II memoribilia.

Comment

loool i wonder if the diver found that ribbon inside the sub as well

Comment

Cross

Yea, and it's not even the actual picture of the cross he is selling per his discription.... What a bargain

Comment

Update : !!!

There is a notation at the bottom now saying that :"Picture posted is not original item" !
            Geeepers : ....I was hoping to see the item I was bidding 200.- Dollars on ????
            Number of sales : ' 0 ' since Nov 06 - 07 !

Comment

haha

Comment

I wonder how does the 'historical ek2' he is having on ebay looks like.Can anyone ask him politely for a photo ? =)

Comment

Originally posted by sunkist View Post
                  I wonder how does the 'historical ek2' he is having on ebay looks like.Can anyone ask him politely for a photo ? =)
                  Done it......

Comment

email him say your grandfather was on that ship and earned the EK2 does he think it could be your grandfathers as they were rare awards?

Comment

**PICTURE POSTED IS NOT ORIGINAL ITEM!!**

This is very interesting! I would really love to see a picture of the "original cross". Did anyone manage to get it from the seller?

Comment

Originally posted by Hartigan View Post
                        **PICTURE POSTED IS NOT ORIGINAL ITEM!!**

This is very interesting! I would really love to see a picture of the "original cross". Did anyone manage to get it from the seller?
                        Photos will be sent.......

Comment

Those damn traitorous torpedoes ... they'll get you every time ......

Comment

The guy should write books, he would make more money for sure!

Comment

I don't know why, but it still amaze me, when I read the story that people will tell, just to sell an item.

/Flemming

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X