Estand KVK 1st class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estand KVK 1st class

Purchased this from estand less than a week ago, didn't have any reasons to suspect the sale, but when compared to another I own, the pin is completely different.
    Are there any known variations in pin styles ?

Estand L/11 on the right.
    Attached Files

Again, with flash
    Attached Files

Comment

Obverse of L/11
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi.

Well, for one I notice that the first KVK is marked for Deschler, and the second for Deumer. As there were certainly pin variations between manufacturers, the only question now (which I can't answer) is whether this is an accepted pin and mark for Deumer KVKs.

Someone will surely know, and a quick forum search could probably tell you also.

~Trevor
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks, anyone else ?

Comment

Do a forum search for "Deumer KVK1". I did just now, and came up with a few posts that will likely answer your question. From what I read, I believe your L/11 cross to be an original Deumer; its pin style is very similar to a "43", with minor differences.

Comment

The L/11 that I have has a very similar pin, but the pin catch at the bottom looks different. I thinks yours is probably replaced judging by comparing it to mine and that dark coloration around it suggesting a replacement.

Comment

It also appears to me that the main pin on the L/11 is a replacement. Everything else on the two crosses looks correct though.

Regards
                Mike
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                  It also appears to me that the main pin on the L/11 is a replacement. Everything else on the two crosses looks correct though.

Regards
                  Mike
                  I agree. Deumer's pins were fragile by nature, thinner than this pin. I'd post some photos to compare but I am away from my files at this time.

Comment

From my limited experience L/11 have two main hardware setups. One is the narrow pin with a round wire catch and the broad pin with a flat wire catch. Both have the same type of block hinge and mm btw.

Having said that there also exist variations of the two setups, narrow pin with flat wire catch etc.

Below are two good examples, courtesy Mr Niemann thank you, of the imo main types.
                    Attached Files

Comment

and second one:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info gents, and great shots you posted, nachtundnebel.

I am becoming satisified that there is nothing drastically wrong with this cross, replacement hardware at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Xray View Post
                          Thanks for the info gents, and great shots you posted, nachtundnebel.

I am becoming satisified that there is nothing drastically wrong with this cross, replacement hardware at most.
                          Hi! I have a early KvK Deschler unmarked...please tell what you thinking about it.
                          Regatrds
                          Desotos
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Desotos View Post
                            Hi! I have a early KvK Deschler unmarked...please tell what you thinking about it.
                            Regatrds
                            Desotos
                            KVk Buntmetall
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Desotos View Post
                              Regatrds
                              Desotos
                              Maybe try to get some better and bigger pictures.

/Flemming

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X