What do you make of this EK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you make of this EK2?

Hi this came off the estand, what do you think? the date on the reverse is so low and slanted it runs into the beading

Thanks for the opinions
    Mike
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

tryin my other camera....
      Attached Files

Comment

comes to something when its too bloody sunny to take a decent pic
        Attached Files

Comment

It looks OK to me Mike, an original EK, probably an S&L type frame. I have a '16' with what looks like the same date and the same slant, although it is a little higher.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Adrian, is your suspension loop soldered on alittle off centre too, looks alittle slanted, on this EK2 mine is also

Comment

Originally posted by evilmike View Post
              Adrian, is your suspension loop soldered on alittle off centre too, looks alittle slanted, on this EK2 mine is also
              It is soldered in the centre of the frame give or take a mm or two but it has got a slant to it, more noticeable from the rear.

Comment

this ones def off on the front, soldered ok on the back... its slanting all over

Comment

could you post a pic of the front of the core please Adrian

Comment

No problem.....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Comment

wow thats got some distinctive beading on the lower 3oclock side, what happened there!

Comment

Mike, here is a comparison with the one Adrian posted, which is marked with a 16 stamp. Look at the upper inner corner on the right side. The ribbs has a very distinctive feature there. I think your cross Mike, is a "16".

Peter
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by evilmike View Post
                            wow thats got some distinctive beading on the lower 3oclock side, what happened there!
                            It is a distinctive one! Have a look here on this thread, there are some extra pics of the mis-stamped frame: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...3&highlight=16

Comment

thanks Peter & great thread about your cross Adrian!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X