Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trifold EK2 in a Walter & Henlein packet

Hello All...

This beauty arrived yesterday along with a Walter & Henlein marked packet. Obviously, I have no way of knowing how long the packet has been with the cross except that the seller received them together.

I have read the previous threads relating to supposed '109' crosses and there seems to be a whole lot of different crosses appearing with these packets. I don't think this one matches any of the previously shown examples either.

It's my first trifold mounted EK2, and to be honest I haven't a clue if the ribbon mount is original!
    It is a typical 40mm ribbon which does not glow under black light (neither does the thread used to sew it together), it feels right, and the weave looks ok to me (though admittedly, I'm not great with ribbons at the best of times).

The cross itself looks to me like a typical S&L type cross, but there is a die flaw on the 3 of the 1813 date that I have not seen before.... has anyone noticed this flaw on any of their crosses?

Regards - Danny

Die flaw on the '3':

Looks like a Gustav Brehmer piece.

Regards

Daniel
    Regards
    Daniel

Search:
    !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
    Otto Schickle
    All early 57er pieces

Comment

Yes it Gustav Brehmer - "13"!
      Type rare.
      Two types are at this manufacturer.
      The most widespread - a swastika on a square support which is well visible.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I had considered Brehmer, but that flaw on the 3 threw me off scent.
        There also seemed to be some slight differences in the beading from my '13'...
        probably just differing levels of die-wear.
        Thanks again,

Regards - Danny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X