A couple of Souval EKI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of Souval EKI

Hi guys, i would like to share some pictures on a couple of EKI from the maker Souval, Wien. I got the EKs in different times and places and i decided to make some kind of comparison between the two pieces to see if any difference comes out... Both EKs have a magnetic core, both are unmarked, both have the so typical frame and flaw, together with rounded inner corners. Both EKs have the distintive "dipping 3" on the core date and a fat swastika. The two EKs present the very same hardware contruction (with a couple of scratches on top of the pin). I can see some little differences, obviously the patina and the finish also on both sides. Then the paint that is different, lightly granulated on one side and flat with a lot of veins on the other. I can see that one of the two pin seem to be not perfectly centered but i guess this is it. Now the question, i know the maker kept working on several, let's say "souvenirs", after the war and for many years. I think that on most of the badges and awards probably it's easier to search out reproductions (due to some differences just like a differente catch and so on) on the EK i guess it's another story... can anyone tell me if there's any way to clearly identify a post war EK made in Souval?
    Any comments upon the subject and the EKs are very welcome
    Cheers,
    stefano
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HuD; 05-14-2009, 11:42 AM.

the other side
    Attached Files

Comment

I know little of postwar Souvals, although I DO have a file of a postwar piece by this maker. Your hardware according to Peter Wiking (his pinned thread) is an acceptable wartime variation. Here is the postwar piece...
      Attached Files

Comment

rev...
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert, that's quite funny cause i think the fake EK it's mine too... but on the other hand this one is really so different in any kind of details from the typical Souval's production, frame, core, hardware...
          Stefano

Comment

Originally posted by HuD View Post
            Hi Robert, that's quite funny cause i think the fake EK it's mine too... but on the other hand this one is really so different in any kind of details from the typical Souval's production, frame, core, hardware...
            Stefano
            Stefano,

I had it in my fake file as a postwar Souval, judged here on this forum.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X