L/56 pinback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L/56 pinback

Hello, I'm looking to add this L/56 to my denazified cross collection. The only illustration of a L/56 on the W.A. database (which seriously needs to be updated) is that of a screwback. Can someone post a photo of the mark on an L/56 pinback to compare? Thanks...
    Attached Files

Doesnt look much like a 5...more like an 8 or a 3, also looks like they dragged the pins flat across concrete.

Comment

Yes, these denazified awards can take quite a beating in the process. Here is the front:
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,

pin,mm and numbers on the front (date) are textbook L/56

I am pretty sure you will find a number of pinbacks using the search-function, and yes: the database could use some update ...

Comment

good work ausgang

Comment

Hello Ausgang, this is my EKI with mm L/56, hope it is useful.
            Cheers,
            Stefano
            Attached Files

Comment

If this badge IS original there must be several versions of the l/56 makers mark because they are very different in the numbers 5, and 6. look at the 6 top curved down on this one, and up to the sky on the other. The pins connection to the hinge looks the same and it does look old as the hills. Could it just be battle damage instead of a denatzified piece. I would think they would have obliterated the swas if it was d-nzfd.

Comment

A quick search of L/56 finds these threads! see the link!
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...archid=2381972
                I know Luud had some great shots of L/56 crosses and different maker marks used! Yes there were different marks!!!!Perhaps Robert Pierce posted the photos taken by Luud if memory serves?
                Kevin

Comment

Welcome back Kevin,

Yes, there were differing 'L/56' maker marks...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Robert! Yes that is the photo I had in mind! A great shot showing the different maker marks....
                      Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X