Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Opinions...

Gentlemen,

Here is an EK2 that i am needing a bit of help with. What do you think? There are no makers marks visible. It is of obvious 3 piece construction. The core is loose within the frame. I could use help on authenticity and maker assuming it is an original piece.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas?

Comment

Hello,
          I don't see anything wrong in your cross even pics are not good..
          why don't you clean the core and then post new clear pics if it 's possible ?

Comment

Originally posted by theepiphanynow View Post
            Gentlemen,

Here is an EK2 that i am needing a bit of help with. What do you think? There are no makers marks visible. It is of obvious 3 piece construction. The core is loose within the frame. I could use help on authenticity and maker assuming it is an original piece.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah
            Hello Jeremiah,

Is the center magnetic. It is always good to check this. This does not make a cross bad if it not magnetic but for beginning collectors I always suggest to purchase magnetic crosses as this is just one more way to authenticate the cross.

I have over 100 EK2s in my collection. Do not be alarmed that the center cross moves around inside the silver frame, this happens over time with some makers more than others.

The basic details of your cross lead me to believe that this is a good pre-1945 Iron Cross.

My best,
            Vince

Comment

All Cleaned Up

Gentlemen,

I cleaned this one up a bit in hopes that you would have better luck in identification.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah
              Attached Files

Comment

front
                Attached Files

Comment

Rear.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jeremiah,
                    Any chance of a shot of the obverse without the flash now you've cleaned it please?
                    This one has me puzzled at the moment. I see no reason to doubt it's originality but it looks like a '24', has cross hatching on the obverse and what looks like an S&L frame on the reverse.

Comment

Adrian,

These two are the best i can do on short notice. Good luck.

Jeremiah
                      Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                        Attached Files

Comment

Jeremiah,

How did you clean it?

Comment

Dylan,

I cleaned it with a silver cloth around the rim, and i used a q-tip and some WD-40 to clean the core.

Jeremiah

Comment

Hello,
                              core is cleaned now and pics are better but infortunately not so good to remove any doubts..
                              I don't know who 's manufacturer but I think it 's an original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X