Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, a fake. The pin is all wrong as well as the case. Case flocking should never been Green. Not enough space to list all the bad things about this badge.

Good Luck,
                Mike

Comment

The cross is not made during the war but looks more like a postwar Souval than a fake to me. Don't know how much that helps though?

Mike is right that the inlay is wrong, it should be black. Otherwise I must admit that the rest doesn't look that bad to me but I'm not a case expert.

Any chance you could take the inlay out and post a photo of what's under there?

Comment

Frank,

I was thinking more along the same lines as you. If anything a postwar Souval. I am showing it in hands to a couple of local gurus today for a further review. The case is unquestionably good with a recent inlay. The textured black tape is present. The spring and catch assembly is just as you would expect to see, and that amber colored dried glue that you always see is there too. There is even quite a bit of black felt residue there from the original inlay. I will hold out hope that this is a wartime example of a Souval Cross, but i have been unable to find anything to compare it to. Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

Comment

My pleasure Jeremiah. Souval is a minefield but to my best knowledge only the screwbacks are supposed to be wartime. Besides that the Souvals with a pin are generally of poor quality, so....

It sounds better with the case. It should look something like the one below which is the same type as yours I belive.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Frank,

Thank you. It looks exactly like that inside.

Sincerely,

Jeremiah

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X