My little EK 1 collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little EK 1 collection

Took out my 6 EK1s today for a group photo. Took some closeups too, but the pix turned out to be crap, so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Three of them have provenance from the family, and interestingly enough, without even trying, there is one each from LW (1940, Stuka Bordfunker), KM (1944, Mediterranean), and Heer (1943, Russia). So they're a nice cross section of theaters and branches.

For now, enjoy the 1 picture.

best
    Hank
    Attached Files
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

All cased and 4 outer cartons. Sweet.

Comment

Hey Hank
      Very nice grouping!!!! Jay

Comment

Hank,
        Indeed, nice crosses. Even better, four outer cartons!

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Very nice, especially because you know the history of a few of them.

Comment

Very nice Collection of EK1s! Thanks for showing it. I do like seeing the neat collections like this one.

Dennis

Comment

Cases, cartons, crosses, character! Really great collection Hank, thanks for posting.
              Last edited by Adrian; 05-03-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Nice and impressive

/Flemming

Comment

Hank, Second from left top row... Missing Etui bottom.... Is the cross an LDO example? Also is the top that remains of the Etui marked with an EK on the top of the lid? Just wonder as it has a black base as many LDO Etui's and Halbetui's had bringing my attention to it! I am most interested in Pinback Etui's with black Bases....
                  What a nice collection of EKI's you have and I can't wait to see each one close up with Cases and cartons!!!!!!
                  Thanks for sharing!
                  Kevin

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

nice collection

Comment

I like it ;-)

Comment

verry nice
                          please closer pix from the 4 outer cartons.
                          thx.

Comment

Fantastic Hank. Cased and cartoned, just as I like them!!!

Alan
                            Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                            Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                              Hank, Second from left top row... Missing Etui bottom.... Is the cross an LDO example? Also is the top that remains of the Etui marked with an EK on the top of the lid? Just wonder as it has a black base as many LDO Etui's and Halbetui's had bringing my attention to it! I am most interested in Pinback Etui's with black Bases....
                              What a nice collection of EKI's you have and I can't wait to see each one close up with Cases and cartons!!!!!!
                              Thanks for sharing!
                              Kevin
                              Hi Kevin,
                              A "6." marked Zimmerman. I've had one...or two?...other 6.'s that also had black bases. Don't know why, but for some reason they seem to?

Here's a few pix of the cross...
                              Attached Files
                              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X