Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honor Roll Clasp

Hello,
    I wanted to get your opinion on this Army Honor Roll Clasp. I got this about 10years ago from a guy that answered my paper ad. He had cleaned out an old house and brought me the contents of a trunk he found in the basement. The contents included a fair amount of common German medals and badges, a bit of field gear, and a lot of insignia, most of it removed from uniforms though it had some packets of bevo Army collar tabs still wrapped in original paper. All in all, it looked exactly like things a WW2 US veteran would mail or bring home. Everything he brought me was original pre-1945.

I don't claim that this is original because I don't have the depth of knowledge to determine one way or the other. I had one dealer at a show look at the case and he told me it was original, though for a KM or LW cross. He felt that the clasp was not original. I didn't show it to any other dealers because I didn't know many at this show.

The wreath ranges from almost completely solid at the top to semi-hollow at the sides and completely hollow on the ribbon reverse. The swastika is hollow and is not a separate piece attached to the wreath.

So now I'd like to get your opinions as to this clasp. I searched the forum and it doesn't appear to be the same as the two accepted types, though I'm not the best at comparing obverse details. The pins are definitely not the same as the others I found in my search. I took the photos outside in bright sunlight so they may make the color a bit brighter than it really is. Also, when I got this I was a novice collector and I slipped it off the ribbon, something I probably wouldn't do now but it was easy w/o any need to bend the pins so no harm done.

So, what do you guys think?
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stepdale; 04-30-2009, 04:24 PM. Reason: add to description

case hinge
    Attached Files

Comment

full open case
      Attached Files

Comment

bottom of case w/ award
        Attached Files

Comment

interior of base
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Stepdale; 04-30-2009, 04:12 PM. Reason: wrong description

Comment

base insert
            Attached Files

Comment

bottom of base insert
              Attached Files

Comment

clasp obverse
                Attached Files

Comment

clasp reverse
                  Attached Files

Comment

angle shot of reverse
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last photo, angle shot of obverse. I can take more photos not in sunlight if needed. The sun really made the color look different than it does in hand.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Clasp is cast fake imo, should be a stamped piece with much longer round wire prongs. Case may be ok

Comment

I´m not an expert but i don´t like the clasp too.

Comment

The swaz should be a solid, seperately applied piece. This one is not.
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

Fake

Sorry....this does not show any of the features that I'd expect in an original.

Save your money !

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X