Couple of new crosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of new crosses

Hi everyone, just got a couple of new EK II class that i would like to share with you. I put together the pictures not open single threads for each ones.
    The first cross is a nice "123", with a cool darkened frame (maybe the little silver % that i learned few days ago in oneother thread) and the second one, almost in the same uncleaned condition, is unmarked. I tryied to identify the maker and some of the details make me possibly think at Paul Meyhauer. Did i get it?
    Many thanks,
    Stefano
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HuD; 04-29-2009, 08:17 AM.

and the unmarked EK II
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Stefano,
      I wold like to see the m.m. is it possible ?
      The unmarked in my opinion was not manufactured by Meybauer but it 's a very very nice cross with dates with charateristics very special.

Comment

Nice crosses!
        I would say the unmarked cross is a 55.

Regards - Danny

Comment

Originally posted by fabri-online View Post
          Hello Stefano,
          I wold like to see the m.m. is it possible ?
          The unmarked in my opinion was not manufactured by Meybauer but it 's a very very nice cross with dates with charateristics very special.
          Yes, the dates are very unique on this second cross. I don't have a cross in my collection to match. Perhaps someone else can provide you with a maker on this...
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Danny70 View Post
            Nice crosses!
            I would say the unmarked cross is a 55.

Regards - Danny
            Great additions Stefano, and I agree with Danny, the unmarked cross is a J.E. Hammer & Sohne - '55'.

Comment

You guys are correct, a '55'. I kept looking at the first '55' example I had in my collection which had the reverse date flawed. The second example I just pulled out has a good date on it. Very unique 1's in 1813.

Comment

It's not the best but here is the reverse date on my '55' which matches Stefano's example.....
                Attached Files

Comment

That's a good shot Adrian,

I like how the top of the '1' extends down to the middle of the '8'. Only one like this.

Comment

Sure fabri, here you have the maker mark on the ring of the first EK. Regarding the second cross i just realized the dimensions are a little smaller than usual (maybe 1 mm), just like another "55" that i have in my collection. Tonight i will try to make some pictures of the two crosses together. Thanks guys
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is my 2nd example with the good date. It looks like the top of the first '1' is starting to develope a flaw as well...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robert, the number 1 is really particular, unfortunately i don't have the cross with me at the moment... but later on i will do some better shots at the details.
                        Stefano

Comment

Stefano,

Your photos were more than adequate. I just lightened them up a bit for better viewing of the dates. You've a couple of very nice crosses. And, I really like the ring stamp of your '123'.

Comment

thanks Robert! so finally at home using the last daylight to make some pictures for a little comparison... I put together the unmarked 55 with another marked 55 that is slightly bigger in dimension. The design of the core numbers it's really the same but then i realised a lot of strange flaws all over the frame of the marked cross... is that ok?
                            Attached Files

Comment

an the other side as well
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X