Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karl Hensler Spanish Cross?

Hello gentlemen,

This is a cross of my friend and WAF mate, Gabenn. He wants to be 100% sure about this cross, so he asked me to confirm it with you experts.
    Is this a good silver Spanish cross by Karl Hensler?
    Thank you!
    Balázs

Hi Balázs! It`s original Spanish Cross. I often saw this SK stamp, it has unique form of the balls on the swords handles. Usually this type has various variants of the small swastiks , pin and hook .
    But where you have found the information that Karl Hensler did Spanish crosses?
    Complexity is that I never saw this type with LDO mark. I think this SK type was made before 1941 from details of the different manufacturers
    from Pforzheim during very limited period .
    Last edited by AVRORA; 04-28-2009, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Hi AVRORA,

Well, Gabenn sent me the pictures with the name "Karl Hensler Spanish cross in silver", so I thought he'd checked this Unfortunatelly I'm absolutely not into Spanish crosses, way too expensive for me
      So thank you for your confirmation! Have you got any idea about the maker maybe? Or is there no information about it?
      Thanks!
      Balázs

Comment

Balázs , unfortunately I can`t tell precisely who was the maker . But I am assured that was Pforzheim manufacturing. As this type I saw with different types of swastikas, hinges and pins. I`m consider that was made from details of different makers. Most probable are : Otto Schickle, Mayer and Foerster&Barth. After introduction LDO in 01.11.1940 such manufacture was impossible. This all information that I have.
        Look at here, it will be interestingly for you. Pay attention to the swords handles .

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=270520
        Last edited by AVRORA; 04-28-2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks your info Avrora.

regards Gábor // Gabenn

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X