Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EK & KVK arrivals including something special!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And finaly the packets, in no particular order but the maker is in the last of the 3 pics

Comment

wow Mike, what a haul!! loving them all, especially the round 3!! well done mate-Nigel
      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Packet no.2

Comment

Thanks Nigel! last packet....

Comment

Hi Mike :
            After looking very closely , I have to mention that at least one of your ( maybe even 2 ) KvK's is post war made . It is here in the Fake Galery pictured in post 1 and 6 . ... The Veined Version which has been around a long time ... therfor the other one of yours is posssibly a improved generation version of the first one .

Douglas
            Attached Files

Comment

I Cannot comment on the KvK's.
              But I love the R3 the most. And nice to see one with this nice patina still there

Comment

A closeup of 1 and 2 = A and B :
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Douglas for mentioning this, lets have a closer look and find out where there from...

Comment

there is a difference in the 1 on the reverse, the vein'd example one is like this 1 with the feet at the bottom, the other has no foot.... i cant seem to see the fake in the fakes merit cross section, do you have a link?

Both kvks are from different sources although that doesnt really help, one from Klaus B and the other Hiscoll.

Comment

r3

R3 all the way like the eks and the kvks

Comment

The link :
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=102204

The closeup George posted here shows the thick veins in the leaves on the wreath and the bottom arm of the swastica is the only one that touches the center ring in the wreath .

Douglas

Comment

thats the one i thought, but there seems to be a quite a few differences between the two though, in Gordon Williamsons KVK book there are quite a few KVK2's with veins, looking at my others 20odd i dont see any though.

Comment

anyone else help out with this?

Comment

A and B not the same

Douglas,
                              When I compare the beading in the arms of the crosses in your A and B comparison shots it is not the same so I don't feel your theory of a reworked die is correct. There are also other subtle diiferences such as under the 6 o'clock tip of the swas and the space between the sword blades and cross arms. To me these are from two different dies.
                              Mike

Comment

Yes Mike ... I have look this comparison over and over again . Cross A is a fake and on file here . Some differences do exist compared to cross B . The beading is more uniform . The shape of the leaves does match cross A , The crown flange is larger on cross B and some of the edge beads are now gone ....... The spacing swords and armes varied with every cross as the residue is and filed out . Coincidence .... or not , .. not a 100% match I admit .
                                Good eye .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X