Opinions on EK2 Spange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on EK2 Spange

I have a Ek2 spange (unmarked) that I would like your opinions on.
    It came with a paper packet, and seems to be unused.
    The ribbon doesn´t react to UV-light.

If it should turn out to be a fake I will get a full refund by the dealer.

So what is the verdict or

Thanks!
    Andreas
    Attached Files
    Looking for luftwaffe pilot/aircrew portrait photos with flight equipment.

some more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Umm I've not seen a packet exactly like that very, very similar though. Do you have the means to black light test the packet.

I'm not saying it's fake at all, but one or two things about it look different and I'm interested in packet variations, the type setting and that K most of all.

Dubious yes but not negative thought's yet, there are many variations, and I'm just paranoid and like I say interested in packets.

Would you mind giving me the measurements of the packet please.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Hi!

Still learning on spangen, but I have some doubts on this one.

My 3 spangen are different, ok many variants out there, but saw a very similar one by a well known fake dealer. Please compare the pics! IMO they look like twins and that is a very, very bad sign.
        But here are some other guys with a very high knowledge on spangen, sure they will lift the curtain.

Best

Gerd
        Last edited by Niedersachsen; 11-13-2003, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Hi
          The measurements is 61mm*90mm and there is no reaction to the blacklight
          I have had not found any known originals that match this spange, so I will wait
          for some more comments before contacting the dealer.

Thanks
          Andreas

Comment

Gerd
            Do you have any bigger and clearer picture of that fake

Thanks
            Andreas

Comment

Hi!

A little bit difficult job, because this pics are from an auction offer from this guy.
              Not absolute sure, that his spange is definitely a faked one, but this guy normally sells 99,9 % highend fakes, so the chance for a real one in his offers will be very small.

Here is another one from his offer, perhaps it´ll be better.

Cheers

Gerd
              Last edited by Niedersachsen; 11-13-2003, 02:32 PM.

Comment

thanks for the picture
                they do look very similar and I don´t see any real difference,
                maby a picture of the back could tell us more, if you have a pic that is

thanks for all your help so far

Andreas

Comment

Hi, Andreas!

Here is another view.

Gerd

Comment

Hi guys,

It is a long story with this German fake seller. While he sold exclusively fakes two years ago, with the fine money he made by selling those high end fakes (easily to identify once you know them and he unwillingly helped me a lot to get to know them) he went on and apparently now also buys collections with good badges. So his current offerings are a 50/50 mix. While this is ok for knowledgeable people, it is even more fatal for beginners, because in this 50% good environment, his fakes are less evident.

I am of the opinion that this offered spange from him is an original one.

Cheers, Frank
                    Cheers, Frank

Comment

So Frank what do you think of my spange?
                      It looks very similar to the spange on Gerd´s pictures.
                      Would very much like to hear what you think.

By the way who is this dealer you are talking about, does he have a website?

Thanks
                      Andreas

Comment

Hi Andreas,

Whether or not the spange is genuine I wouldn't have a clue unless it looked like three 'fakes' I had, this does not look like them and I know nothing about spanges. So no comment on the award.

As for the packet you say it passes the UV test, I like the makers name on the back, the script on the front is slightly different to the limited number of examples I've seen thats just one of those thing's there are countless variations I dare say.

From what I can see of the paper on the close up of the makers name, it looks like the genuine thing. So I see no reason then to doubt the packet......and a very minty one at that.

Does anyone else have any opinions on the packet ?

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Dear Andreas,

Your spange is the same as this unmarked one I had and is in my opinion a good one.
                          Site of the guy is www.ww-collection.de

Cheers, Frank
                          Attached Files
                          Cheers, Frank

Comment

Thanks very much Frank, Marcus and Gerd for all your help

Yes the packet is very nice. No rips or anything like that.

Does anyone have a 18 maker marked ek2 spange so I can compare to see if
                            the spange and packet belongs together. If so that would be great.

Thanks
                            Andreas

Comment

Dear Andreas,

To the best of my knowledge there are no "18" marked EK2 spanges, so you will not be able to check if your spange was indeed made by Wurster as the packet suggests.

Cheers, Frank
                              Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X