iron cross 2nd class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iron cross 2nd class

a friend of mine has what he believes to be an original iron cross 2nd class and he was wondering what the sign on the rear of the medal means: a number 86 in a ring in the centre of the rear, any ideas ?, also is it possible to trace the original owner of the medal ?. your help in this matter would be appreciated.

Goldie, for some reason I can't access the main site of the forum so I had to pull out my reference book (The Iron Times). 86 is the mark of Paulmann & Crone, Ludenscheid. You most likely won't be able to track the original owner due to the number of 2nd classes awarded unless you also have an award document. I hope this helps.
    Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

"a number 86 in a ring in the centre of the rear" of the medal? Ranger might be right about the maker's number, but if the number is in the center of the medal, that doesn't sound like any EK I ever heard of.

George
      George

Comment

George your right, I'm assuming its on the ring because anywhere else wouldn't make sense.
        Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X