No announcement yet.

EK1 L59 ~ first pin (rare) incl. LDO case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stefan, I know what an L/15 pin looks like, since I have 3 in my display.

I am just wondering what the similarity between the L/15 pin and the L59 pin is.

I don't see it, because the pin on your L59 is a Deschler pin, sometimes to be found on Deschler ek's, but usually on Deschler KVK.

Comment

This L/59 is IMO one of the variants where they used a Deschler needle.
      Nothing more, nothing less......just a simple L/59 needle variant!

And there are also some L/15 variants....I have a few of these variants as well.
      I never ever found any proof that these needles you show are actually made by this maker. Maybe you have?

But I think I get old because I see totally different needles!
      I don't get the connection either.

Comment

I don't know why L59 sould use Deschler pins???
        But if you see the Deschler pins you will see also difference between marked "1" pins!!! Isn't it that the pin was 2nd tier parts??? The catch of deschler looks differnt. And if you a right that L59 use deschler pins, do we have a much more rare L59 variant here? And deschler is also rare, isn't it?

Or do you think some one replace the pin??? Additional I see only marked deschler pins. Why is this pin not marked. Or is it a fake ???

I'm now confused ?!?!?
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a picture without flash light!
          Attached Files

Comment

My cross a Fake?????

This was brought back by a Jew that Survived Krakau!
            Because you don't know it, it doesn't mean fake.
            If so: I think I have more than 100 ek's in my collection you would call fake!

I was hoping that you would have the answer, Because I just heard from a German friend that you are writing a book on EK's.

But for the stats:
            It is Not Magnetic, very light, very thin.
            The paint is wartime applied.
            This early Deschler is most likely the version before the Deschler R3's (also found with some other needle variants).
            The needle and setup is identical as one of my L/59 variants I posted before.
            That is one of the hints I have that Deschler supplied L/59.
            Attached Files

Comment

thin compared to a few LDO Deschlers
              Attached Files

Comment

Because Rettenmayer used several pins from other makers.
                Like an L/56 pin, and the 26 style pin

The catch looks like an L/15 catch, but that is all!
                NO similarities on the pin.

If you go back a few posts you see a Deschler pin without a maker mark.
                If you are not aware of the fact that ek makers (and that goes for other awards as well) used each others parts, how can you state that your L59 is a rare and early pin variation?

I also know that you are planning to write a book on ek's, but you still have very much to learn.
                Write facts, not assumptions.

Here's an L59 with a pin also used on L/56 ek's.
                Fake??? ;-)
                Attached Files

Comment

It looks like this can become a discussion thread in stead of all the:
                  "I want to show off" my EK's and wait for all the smilies threads.
                  So I will show a few of my L/56's. Maybe we can determine who made wich setups.
                  Didn't we see some other needles before?
                  Notice the one right below and compare it with Ben's!

Sorry, it is dark and these are the only 4 variants I have on picture.
                  Attached Files

Comment

LuckyLuudje: Thats a very special cross...how early is this EK1?

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
                      LuckyLuudje: Thats a very special cross...how early is this EK1?

Very nice!
                      Thanks Steinar, nice to see there are more out there that like such an EK's.
                      not the nicest condition, but one of the most interesting and beloved EK's by me.

It came in a small group consisting an SS skulled ring and some documents of the Jew.
                      This is how I like my EK's....honest and that it has seen some action.
                      The cross tells a story.
                      But these are the crosses I normally don't want to show others.
                      I used it only as a reference, and only showed it because it was said that there could be isseus with it.

It is still under investigation by some friends of me that are very experienced with EK's.
                      But based how it is finished, assembled and the parts that are used in comparisson with other Deschler variants, we think it is one of the earliest Deschler ever made in 1939 version.

We also don't know why the front has been painted and afterwards removed some paint.
                      We have some theories....but they are just that: theories !

Comment

I think it's a very nice and interesting cross, would have picked it up without hesitation as well.

Although it's not mint (or : because it's not mint), a very interesting cross.
                        Things like these keep collecting interesting, once in a while you simply need something to research.
                        Without a challenge even collecting get's boring.

regards,
                        ben

Comment

Nice crosses and pin set variants ... Ben and Luud .
                          This first pin Rettenmaier used and the breaking problem it had , is the reason for them going out and using pin sets from other makers mainly Deschler and BH Mayer .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                            Nice crosses and pin set variants ... Ben and Luud .
                            This first pin Rettenmaier used and the breaking problem it had , is the reason for them going out and using pin sets from other makers mainly Deschler and BH Mayer .

Douglas
                            Thanks Douglas,

But the purpose was not to show off these crosses. Not my style
                            But that if a certain needle is often found on a certain hersteller, it doesn't always meen that the certain hersteller was the actual maker of these needles....still many grey areas.

And that the most common variants are called rare these days, mostly to make more profit.

Always interesting to read your know how on certain makers, analysis and experiences with certain persons that have been there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X