griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jiffy padded envelope vs. Swedish/German post office lawnmower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jiffy padded envelope vs. Swedish/German post office lawnmower?

Hi guys, keep your eyes open for some nice crosses that were "lost" in the mail! How can a post office employee treat a package like this? It was taped all around and there is no way they knew what was inside. I have not much hope but you never know

EKII Schinkel Meybauer, no bandring and distinct wear to the swaz, cross seen here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=338724

EK II unmarked Souval:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=335104

1914 EKII mm800 by unknown maker M. Bandring double marked, possibly a later replacement.
    Attached Files

1914 EK II mm800 maker M

front
    Attached Files

Comment

1914 EK II mm800 maker M

back
      Attached Files

Comment

1914 EK II m800 maker M

Double stamped "first missed?" 800 mark
        Attached Files

Comment

What the F*ck?! That sure does look like a lawnmower got to it. I thought that US Mail was bad.

I hope you get the crosses back.

Comment

Hi,
            I suspect they have x-ray machines at the Post Office depot and if anything of interest shows up--------Gone!

Comment

Oh man, that is f-ing awful I hope you find them.

Comment

Oh Wow! And they still had the balls to actually deliver the package after stealing the contents?!!? Sorry for your loss.
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys! Guess that Iron crosses are hard currency now when the Swedish crown is worth close to nothing, hehe. 2 of them are very typical and will be easy to identify but the chances are very slim.

Comment

oh tjeez... I never expected that could happen.
                    Hope that you get them back again!

Comment

So what did they said....Swedish Posten? Compensation for the package 500sek

Comment

Yes, did you send them first class, "rekommenderat"? Otherwise, I have first hand experience of how f***ed you are.. Sorry man..

Comment

They haven't said anything yet, reported the loss to the Swedish Post today. It was insured up to 10 000 SEK (900E) so hopefully they can not get out of this one! But money is not really the issue here, 2 of the crosses can not be replaced that easy, i sold them and the reciever will have to look for some time to find others for the same price and condition.
                          Last edited by Roglebk; 03-17-2009, 01:39 PM. Reason: 900E not 1800

Comment

It was sent from Sweden to Germany and it was delievered like this in Germany?

Comment

Ludwig> Yup, in a plastic bag with the text below. Can't believe why on earth they did not look for the contence when they found it like that? Crosses were individually packed in a red line bag, bubble wrap and finally a Chewing gum bag, hopefully they are in some terminal somewhere.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X