RK Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK Prices

I'm wondering what are the market prices for a good RK these days (not cased), by the likes of K&Q or Juncker?

I'm trying to save for one but I don't know what is a realistic price I should target for. Any opinions would be great

Thanks

Rich
    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
    Decorations of Germany

Dear Richard,

Speaking for the German market, I think you can be quite lucky to acquire one at 5000.- Euro, but offers that ask for up to 7500 Euro depending on condition are more common.

Cheers, Frank
    Cheers, Frank

Comment

These animals are on a rocket and getting higher each year. I remember when they broke the $1000 dollar mark and everyone said that they would never sell. They did. I wish I had invested in a few back then.

The last time I checked a price on one through dealers(Weitze, Kai, Detlev) the price was up there anywhere from $4000 to $7000 depending upon the maker and condition. I guess these RK's sold because they weren't listed for long.

Comment

Gulp!

But thanks for the info, might just be out of my league!

Rich
        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
        Decorations of Germany

Comment

An alternative....

Yup, an RK is out of my (or to be more accurate, the wife's) threshhold for this hobby. The DKiG is about as high as I will get.

A happy medium that I have come up with is to use the 1957 awards as fillers. Granted, they arent as well made or have the history and mystique of the originals, but in my book, it beats using fakes as fillers. You can pick up a 1957 RK for about $150, the oakleaves for $36, an antipartisan badge for $35 and so on..... When someone asks, "are those the real thing," you can say "yup!"

Which bring up a question, as politically correct as Germany has become, does anyone know why the they would bother to reissue the antipartisan badge? Didnt a lot of guys get executed in the last days of the war?

Dave M.

Comment

Six figures...soon!

Last 2 cased Juncker crosses sold for over $9,000.00. There's a K&Q floating around at $8,500.00 and a "standard" if we can call it that, S&L with condition problems for $7,100.00. Very soon look for these to be $10,000.00! No never happen....well jus look at helmets, K98k's etc. We used to get these for $50. to $100...suddenly they were at $250. and COULDN'T go higher...yeah right!
            Fact is a friend of mine and of this forum is negotiating a Knight's Cross right at this moment at $9,500.00!
            Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X