jon
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

last:
      Attached Files

Comment

Lucky there is a photo,

That looks so tattered and amateurish, it even look worse than the cheap ones that come out of Pakistan.

The only other one I ever handled that looked tattered like this was attached to a flight tunic and it was still in possession of the vet who earned it.

I did get the story of how he got it.

His unit tailor asked if he wanted a cloth version on the tunic. He paid the 3rm for a cloth version and when he saw the rather 'ratty' version on his tunic this was his reaction was

'I was Rather disappointed in the one that was placed on my tunic and I was going to go back to the tailor and get my money back but I was shot down and captured before I had a chance'

or at least the is the story he gave me.

Comment

It was on Claus Bucheck his site I thought? I can't find it on emedals...
          Kind regards,
          Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

yes, you're right, sorry

Comment

That is a rare group. Nice to see a cloth EK with proof of it being worn. The cross is clearly the same one as in the pics as can be seen by the varying gap between the edge trim and 'beading'. No question with this one. Unless the pic is a fake.......

Comment

Maybe my eyes, but the no way you can positively ID it to the one in the picture from these small pictures. When you get the photo, it would be nice to get a real closeup scan to compare.

Comment

Imo NOT the same cross - look at the position of the date!!!

Regards
                  Mike
                  Regards
                  Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kenny View Post
                    Imo NOT the same cross - look at the position of the date!!!

Regards
                    Mike
                    i agree with this statement and the other that it has to be compared closely once in hand. the date on the one presents is above than the one in the pic. these items are always going to be controversial, and unless there is undeniable evidence ill steer away from these period.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                      Maybe my eyes, but the no way you can positively ID it to the one in the picture from these small pictures. When you get the photo, it would be nice to get a real closeup scan to compare.
                      To me, it doesn't look like the same cross, but it looks very similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Giel Van Wassenhove View Post
                        It was on Claus Bucheck his site I thought? I can't find it on emedals...

What is the website address for Claus Bucheck please?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                          That is a rare group. Nice to see a cloth EK with proof of it being worn. The cross is clearly the same one as in the pics as can be seen by the varying gap between the edge trim and 'beading'. No question with this one. Unless the pic is a fake.......
                          Ok, I'll edit my 'clearly' to 'possibly'.
                          Hopefully someone here will purchase it and post some closer pics.

Comment

The date does look to be differently positioned, but that could be the angle of the photo of the soldier. The varied shapes of the arms of the cross look the same in the photo and on the cross. But it's also possible that the pic is faked. This is definitely one (the whole group) that would have to be examined in hand.
                            George

Comment

Originally posted by mbizy View Post
                              What is the website address for Claus Bucheck please?

Here is his shop : http://klaus-butschek.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X