No announcement yet.

Ek I L/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked my EK last night: 17.3g. 44.4 X 44.4 mm. The swaz does rise higher than the bead. As for the '3', it is what it is. I'm still hoping we can get some other L/12 images posted.

Mark
    "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

I only have two EK1s left. One is an unmarked cased piece and the other is marked with a 1 on the pin. It is in same position as Greg described on his. If Greg is going to be home this weekend I could take some close ups of his and post here. Let me know Greg if your schedule permits.

Maybe Mike could go to a computer store and test drive a scanner, put the pictures on a floppy and email the picture to me in a jpeg format. I'll try to post them if Schroeder will talk me through the process..(again)....like he has done for so many at least a 1000 times before. Greg and Mike, We can do this, it will just take a couple of days.

The weights and measurements are the same as mine, thanks Mark.

Comment

Mark

Your weight and measurements are spot on. Your rim has the # characteristic of Juncker, but the swaz isn't right. I'll try Gary's suggestion and hit a computer store this weekend, see if I can get a scan of mine to post.

Comment

EK Community,

Can anyone post a scan of an EK1 hallmarked 100. I received a lead that my L/12 may be a hybrid makeup of several manufacturers components.

I need to see a 100 marked core, with the swaz.

Thanks All,
          Mark

Comment

Here is the obverse of a Juncker EK1

Comment

wow

thanks for all the pics and responses this is great keep it going!

Comment

I'm gonna repost my L/12 here (again) so it is closer to Gordon's L/12.

Mark

PS - Nice Screwback, Gordon!

Comment

Hi Mark,

Here's my L/12 EK1 screw back.

The height on the swaz on mine is also even to the beading. The date looks identical to yours. It also has the cross hatch (#) pattern in the inner corners of the beading.

John Garcia
                  Last edited by jgarcia; 03-16-2002, 12:42 AM.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with your EK. If you want it to look like some of the others, sand the paint down on the face of the swaz to simulate wear and it'll look flat. Seriously, it looks good to me.

Comment

Juncker EK 2?

I am 99.99% sure that this is a Juncker EK 2. (I can't examine the ring for marks as it is mounted on a medal bar.)

The swastika is as high as the rim and laser sharp. The "#" effect is present at the inside corners of the beading. The small ring on top is attached to a "hump" in the center of the upper arm.

George
                      George

Comment

Another...
                        OOOps. My old eyes thought this was an L/12, until I looked at my own photo and saw the L/13. Oh, well.........never mind!
                        Last edited by Doug See; 03-16-2002, 10:11 AM.

Comment

The sharpness isn't there

for my personal preference. Here is another one of my monster pictures. Sorry for the size, guys. These are some of Greg's EK's. I took this photo for my three ring binder. I didn't intend to post it here but it helps to show my point. Notice the laser like sharpness of the swaz on all the crosses. The angles are crisp, sharp, and raised. Marks EK.1 swaz,on the other hand, seems a little less defined for my taste. It's too rounded. I'm not saying it is a repro, Hell, I don't know. It's just not the same as the others. No offense intended Mark, I know the frustration first hand when someone doesn't like a piece in the collection. Nothing personal my friend. Again, this is just my worthless opinion. Whenever we meet in person I'll buy you a drink.

Comment

Look at the swaz on JGARCIA's EK - beautiful. Perfect symetry! Look at the dangling arm on the 3, note how it swings out toward the left. His also has the # at the inner points. All classic signs of Juncker dies.

On the other hand, your swaz does look like that of the Juncker Fallschirmjäger badge - displayed in photos in another thread here. Specifically the lower upright arm of the swaz, how it angles out toward the left.

I have no doubt your EK is real. The quality is evident, even in the scan, just the roundness and lack of sharpness to the swaz gave me pause about it being a Juncker - the core anyway.

Just my 2 pfennings worth...
                            Last edited by Mike H.; 03-16-2002, 11:54 AM.

Comment

The only EK1 in the picture is actually a Godet but like the Juncker has the sharply cut Swaz. I have a mint 26 that has the swaz like the one we are talking about its real just not a Juncker
                              Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X