Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek I L/12

hello all
    where is the L/12 suppose to be on an EK 1 on the pin or elsewhere thanks rodney

This is were it is on my EK. I don't know if it will help or not. Oh well, the picture didn't load. On my EK which is a screwback it's L/12 toward the bottom beneath the screwback part.
    David Tiffin
    "They were the Leathernecks, the old breed of American regular, regarding the service as home and war an occupation!" (John Thomason, Jr. Fix Bayonets)

Comment

Hi Rodney,

I will post a scanned EK1 L/12 rear and front. However, one of the technological shortcomings of scanning a badge is that most hinges will not open flat (180 pivot). Unless I mangled the pin, I couldn't scan the HM.

If you look closely, about half way down the right side of the pin, just where the flare starts to taper in, you can just see the right side of the '2'. If you can't see it, that is where it is.

MM

"You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Mark,
        Has that hinge been repaired? Perhaps it is the scan, I know the hassles of getting the pictures correct. Not to be negative but the swaz doesn't seen to be very sharp and raised for an L/12. Wasn't that the LDO # for Juncker? What is the weight of this piece?

PS Happy belated birthday. I read it in Francois post.

Comment

It may be the lighting but the Junckers I own have a very sharp cut swaz. This is the reason I like the Juncker.
          Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

On my L/12 the mark is centered on the back of the EK, under the pin. Greg, where is it on yours?

Sorry, but I have to agree with Gary on this one. I have 2 Junckers and Greg has one. Two of them are marked L/12, and all of them have a very tall, sharply cut, well-defined swaztika - that is one of the hallmarks of a Juncker. The swaz should be as tall as the bead, and the sharpness of the lines and the smoothness of the cut make it look as if it were sculpted by laser!

Comment

Hey Mike good to here from you. My L/12 is on the pin as you describe.
              Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

To All,

Can we get some of these other badges posted for comparison?

I am aware of all of the rules for the swaz highth, etc. for a Juncker Knight's Cross. Is it accepted that the same rules apply for the Juncker Iron Cross? I am not sure. My badge is from a pretty darn reliable source, but we are all learning here.

I am still not sure where the other L/12s have their hallmarks. Mike H. says "On my L/12 the mark is centered on the back of the EK, under the pin. Greg, where is it on yours?"

Greg says his "L/12 is on the pin as you describe."

That wasn't what Mike said. Mike said that his is centered on the back of the EK, not on the pin. So, what is the verdict???

Thanks,
                Mark

Comment

oops my mistake I misread it. Mine is on the pin.

Mark, I am in no way saying yours isn't good or a Juncker.

Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,

No problem. I am always open to opinions and comments. I am just trying to sort some logic from the thread. That being...is there a common spot where the hallmark should be located on an L/12, or, are hallmarks found in different places.

Gary, I can weigh the badge tonight and post results tomorrow. Thanks for the birthday salutation, but don't believe everything you read from TMC. He can't help it......

Mark

PS- Gordon W. Are you out there? I'd value your opinion on this one!
                    Last edited by mmiller; 03-14-2002, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Mark

I'd be lying to you if I said that placement of the maker's mark were an indicator, but all of the true Juncker 1.EK's I've seen have the perfect swaz. I mean these things are beautiful - straight, pure lines and slate-smooth surface!

Also, if you look at the 3 in the date, the arm that hangs down from the top should be angeled out toward the left on Juncker EK's, not straight down.

I got my L/12 from Detlev and the unmarked came from an EK collector who got it from the German veteran (it even came with its urkunde - and some of the vet's blood).

Gordon, can you help out here on the placement of the maker's mark?
                      Last edited by Mike H.; 03-14-2002, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Mine weighs 17.3 grams, has the same pin assembly as the one pictured and the mark is 2/3 up from the point.
                        Greg

Comment

Every Juncker L/12 piece I have had has had the mark on the backplate in the lower arm, though I have had "2" marked Juncker pieces where the "2" was on the pin.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the placement of the mark. I have seen L/12 marked EK2s with the mark on the ring-in the normal place, but also stamped into the edge of the upper arm like a KC.

Die characteristics are a much better indicator than markings.

Gordon

Comment

Question: Does the EK 1 and 2 class made by Junckers also exhibit the "#" mark like on the RK? Thanks!

Comment

I've never seen a Juncker 2.EK so can't comment, but both of my 1.EK's have the # in the inner arms by the swaz. My unmarked has the classic Juncker hinge, pin, catch - the L/12 has one that closely resembles a 65 assembly.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X