Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in EK1 mm L/13

Just got this cross.
    Really a nice Paul Meybauer, with a heavy patina, hand vaulted and a repair job on the catch.

I just love it when the patina is black-ish like this... what about you?
    Attached Files

other side
    Attached Files

Comment

the mm
      Attached Files

Comment

Vaulted.

Thanks to the seller
        Attached Files

Comment

hi Steinar, yes you're right, i like that nice finish to the frame, its a great cross with a good "look" to it... very nice!! -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Thanks Nigel

If only she could speak

Comment

I agree that it is a real looker! Love Meybauers and when vaulted EKI's look really Killer! The Blacker the frame the better the cross looks in my opinion!
              Kevin

Comment

It's totally cool when its pitch black Kevin

Not sure how much of the vaulting you can see from that picture but it's really well bendt. Perfect.

Comment

That's a nice one! It's got a story to tell for sure! Nice addition to any collection!

Comment

Steinar, The Vaulting looks PERFECT from the photo, I look at the frame inner corners around the Swastika for lifting when looking at Vaulted crosses... Your Meybauer looks near perfect! Not too much corner lifting and an overall care taken whenever this was done! (Wartime).....?
                    Love the Gray...BLACK color of the frame! Just the right amount of very little silver color left!!!! LOL!
                    Kevin

Last edited by WEISNER; 03-03-2009, 11:00 PM. Reason: I spelled Steinar with an E.. Duh!

Comment

Steinar, A last thought, A small amount of lifting is normal on Vaulted crosses on the inner corner beading! Yor cross looks very minimal in this area!
                      I have three Vaulted examples to compare by and like the overall look of your example!
                      Kevin
                      Last edited by WEISNER; 03-03-2009, 11:12 PM. Reason: re spell

Comment

Thanks for those kind words Kevin

Its one of those salty looking heavy patina well worn crosses

love it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X