X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cook View Post
    im sorry but why?
    Yes, my question too...

Have you ever owned or handeld one of these with this maker RKhunter?

I have and I can tell you and others who are doubting it that - from these pictures - this award shown and by the looks of it even the case it is in are as original wartime manufactured should be.

The fact that it has been personalized (which often occurs on copies to mislead) makes some people a little inconfident but don't be, it is an additional feature to the award and therefore not a sign of it being a reproduction at all.

You can even see the tombac base metal in the engraving ()making it even more definate if you had not noticed.

Comment

Hi, No I have never handled a cross from this maker before! I just dont like the looks of the enamel on this cross, it looks strange in the picture that I see? I did not say at any time that this cross was spurious! I just personally dont like a couple of things about it and I would not purchase it for my own collection.

Kai

Comment

Hi Kai,

thanks fo the quick response!

This enamel has been damaged, a common feature on these awards as they where worn on the tunic during battle like in tanks, subs, aircraft and bunkers etc.) Notice how the finish of the dark grey star highlights around the gold are worn too? This is how you would expect the award to look like rather than smooth and untouched.

Comment

Originally posted by rkhunter View Post
          Hi, No I have never handled a cross from this maker before! I just dont like the looks of the enamel on this cross, it looks strange in the picture that I see? I did not say at any time that this cross was spurious! I just personally dont like a couple of things about it and I would not purchase it for my own collection.

Kai
          Do you have any other DK in your collecton, if so what makers?

Comment

Hi, I hear what your saying Deejay, and Cook, yes, I have an early boxed attributed Godet DKiG in my collection.

Kai

Comment

Originally posted by rkhunter View Post
              Hi, I hear what your saying Deejay, and Cook, yes, I have an early boxed attributed Godet DKiG in my collection.

Kai
              Conngrats, but how about Klein

Comment

Hi, I´m not an DKiG expert but I see the diffrence beetwenn this "Alfons Kunik" name inscription DKiG with maker mark stamp on the rewerse "134" (Above picture)

And...

This Orginal DKiG with the same maker "134" (Below picture)

Notice the Low tip of the swastika is standing on the number "9" on Alfons Kunik DKiG. (Above)
                Instead in the middle of "9 and 4" like the DKiG here below.

The "134" maker stamp box is more delicate on this cross (below) rather than Alfons Kunik one.

Like I said I´m not an expert, but I´m trying to learn

My first impression comparing these two DKiG´s says I would rather save my money.

Hlynur
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, and at the moment I do not have a Klein in my collection.

Kai

Comment

Here are some pics of mine for comparison...
                    Attached Files

Comment

date box...
                      Attached Files

Comment

maker mark...
                        Attached Files

Comment

hardware...
                          Attached Files

Comment

please delete the thread. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scottishsoldier View Post
                              please delete the thread. thanks.
                              Why do you want this thread deleted?

/Flemming

PS Regarding trhe cross in question, I do not like the enemal either. Looks like it has been repaired in some way?

Comment

if we delete the thread whats the point in bothering to have a forum? that why we need to keep the thread so other people can looks at it later and know what to avoid!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X