german cross of gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

german cross of gold

HI IN DONT KNOW WHETHER YOU CAN HELP ME WITH SOME ADVICE AND VALUES ON SOME MEDALS I HAVE BEEN OFFERED THESE ITEMS ARE FROM A VETS FAMILY THEY WANT A LOT OF MONEY FOR THEM BUT I THINK THEY ARE ORIGINAL .CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR OPINIONS ON ORIGINALLITY AND VALUES FOR EACH ITEM.OH AND EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE,THE NAME ON THE GERMAN CROSS MEDAL MATCHES ONE IN THE BIG RED BOOK OF NAMES.
    THANKS govman
    Last edited by govman; 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM. Reason: need pics

pics would be needed

Comment

how do i do this cany find how to put pics on
      thanks govman

Comment

Take a picture, then upload it to image uploading site, like http://photobucket.com/
        after registering and uploading - post them here and we will try to help.

Comment

pictures

Originally posted by Enclave View Post
          Take a picture, then upload it to image uploading site, like http://photobucket.com/
          after registering and uploading - post them here and we will try to help.
          http://s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu121/govman4296/
          hope this works thanks for the help
          govman

Comment

cross of gold

it works
            thanks govman

Comment

Can't tell from the pics myself but

Afons Kunik was a DKiG winner so to me that would be a very big warning bell.

I have never seen an engraved original DKiG though I am sure they are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
                Can't tell from the pics myself but

Afons Kunik was a DKiG winner so to me that would be a very big warning bell.

I have never seen an engraved original DKiG though I am sure they are out there.
                sorry i dont understand why would that be a warning bell if he did win one rather than didnt,also you say they could be out there so could this be one of them ,has anyone else seen an engraved one.does the box look ok.
                thanks govman

Comment

I wouldnt buy any of those medals mate. Have a look on estand if you wan to find some nce original stuff

Adam

Comment

A common Faker trick is to engrave a known recipient's name to a high end item another trick is an unknown name but a high end unit like the SS or alike.

The bad dealers call this wow factor.

As in 'Wow that is cool!!, here is the money do not care if it might be junk'

You can ask around but I doupt you will find may TR pieces engraved with names. It simply was not the custom of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
                      A common Faker trick is to engrave a known recipient's name to a high end item another trick is an unknown name but a high end unit like the SS or alike.

The bad dealers call this wow factor.

As in 'Wow that is cool!!, here is the money do not care if it might be junk'

You can ask around but I doupt you will find may TR pieces engraved with names. It simply was not the custom of the day.
                      this is on 3 forum sites and i am getting many varied opinions ,woud you say this is an original box and medal but a spurious engraving.
                      thanks govman

Comment

You should compare this cross to other 134-marked crosses shown on this forum. In my opinion, it is a fake, enhanced with engraving, based on these photos. Because you have personal access to it, however, you are in the best position, after studying other crosses, to make the call.

Comment

Originally posted by govman View Post
                          this is on 3 forum sites and i am getting many varied opinions ,woud you say this is an original box and medal but a spurious engraving.
                          thanks govman
                          Run away from it bud, the luft medals look like they could be used for fishing weights. If you have them in hand you can judge them much better. However based on these pictures I would be having some sleeples nights over them if they were in my collection

Comment

id say your looking at least 3k plus on this! if it was a car youd make sure you didnt get ripped of! same here! get detailed pics of the cross and badge and then compare it to known originals!!! but at the end of the day its your call but is there a iron clad guarantee on these items if you find out for sure there fake????

Comment

The Cross may be ok, I don't know how anyone could say yah or nay based on those pictures. But, like many others have said, the engraving is likely suspect. That ruins the cross even if it is original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X