AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generaladmiral Hermann Boehm - Spanish Cross recipient??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generaladmiral Hermann Boehm - Spanish Cross recipient??

Hello! Can anyone confirm if Generaladmiral Hermann Boehm received any class of the German Spanish Cross? If so, what class did he receive?

Per Hildebrand's "Deutschlands Admirale," Boehm served as Commander of the Naval Forces in Spanish waters on several occassions: 25 August 1936-5 October 1936; 14 November 1936-15 December 1936; 20 March 1937-14 May 1937; 23 June 1937-3 August 1937.

Thanks!
    Shawn

Now this is a very early thread...and i have actually been wondering the answer to this myself. I have seen the list of inventory of items his son sold on in 1975 and a cased Spanish Cross in Gold was listed there.

Comment

According to this site: http://oocities.com/~Orion47/WEHRMAC...M_HERMANN.html he earned a SK, but, it doesn't say which grade.

Here is a copy of the inventory list from: http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/0812so1.html

Eric
      Attached Files

Comment

And a picture of the Admiral from the same site (it is a shame the grouping has been broken up):
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dc9 View Post
          And a picture of the Admiral from the same site (it is a shame the grouping has been broken up):

Truely is a shame...

Can anyone tell what the last 2 medals on his medal/ribbon bar are? I cannot tell from the description above and the picture is to blurry to tell...but they were round medals whtever they were.

Pierce

Comment

Pierce,

My guess would be the Memel and Italian Campaign medals as suggested in the descriptions of the medal bars and close-up of the picture.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by dc9 View Post
              Pierce,

My guess would be the Memel and Italian Campaign medals as suggested in the descriptions of the medal bars and close-up of the picture.

Eric
              Hi Eric,

I do not think it is the Memel Medal for 2 reasons; the above description of the medal bar states the last 2 are foreign awards and also the Memel Medal is in the above description as being in a medal packet, not on the bar.

In my opinion the above picture is pre-WW2.

The last one is suggested as an Italian Service Medal on green and white ribbon....1908 Messina Earthquake medal maybe?

The medal preceding that is on green and red ribbon...something Turkish i first thought but i don't think so from the picture as i cannot see any Sabers on the ribbon and there is no description of them in the above list.

Thanks
              Pierce

Comment

Can anybody shed light on the Admiral's sword? What color should the knot be? A most impressive collection sold back in the 1970's.... What would a collection like that be worth today?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X