57 DK in silver Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

57 DK in silver Opinions

I have been offered this 1957 DK in silver. Would appreciate your opinions. No info on name on back.

Front
    Reverse

??????????? what's that ??????

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Looks good to me. Official 1957 pattern of GCS.

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Ed,

looks okay, but not very nice.

Most of the 3rd. Reich DKiS look better

I think these Crosses are not so rare to take one in such condition. That´s only my opinion.

Best wishes

Joerg

Comment

Hi Ed,

Can you provide an image with the pin down. From what I can see of the reverse, I'm not too sure about it at all! Those chunky and poorly aligned rivets don't look right to me. Also the obverse of the starbursts appear to have no finish. I'm thinking this is a poor Third Reich repro that has had a makover to a 57 version to make it more saleable.

Regards
          Mike K
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

The writing on the reverse does not look very German to me, my guess is that someone has engraved it to jack up the price and catch on with the obsession with Stalingrad.

Regards
            Dez

Comment

57 DKiS

Pin closedReverse with pin

Comment

... to take up Mikes thoughts: is it possible that the front KVK is denazified or is it only an optical delusion from the photo? That would prove Mikes theory that this one is made of different parts of repros or defect pieces.

But would this be worthwile for such a badge that is not very hard to find?

And about the writing: If I would be the soldier who was awarded with this badge, I would put the date of award on the rear and not only the place.

Joerg

Comment

DKiG

I have this on hold from same seller
                  front
                  pin up
                  pin down
                  Last edited by Ed Tainton; 10-28-2003, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Ed, that DKiG looks like a VERY nice early S&L example - go for that one if the price is right! I'd certainly have it in my collection (in fact I already have one just like it!).

The DKiS looks even worse with the pin down. LDO #30 on a 57 award with a known '41 repro hinge/pin assembly???

Quote "But would this be worthwile for such a badge that is not very hard to find?" EndQuote - imo absolutely! These things are around but by no means common - especially the Silver grade and especially early examples. With the price of genuine 41 examples very high, people are turning to 57 examples as affordable fillers and colectibles in their own right, and the price of early 57 examples is 150 Euro plus nowadays. Why not turn an old and easily identifiable $10 '41 repro/fake into something worth 10 times as much for little effort. A lot of fakes/repros are passed off as 57 re-issues, more than a lot of collectors seem to realise imo.

Regards
                    Mike K
                    Regards
                    Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Dk

Thanks everybody for the input. The Forum is great. If your leary about an item, put it on the forum. The help you get from the members is fantastic

Comment

57 badge and medals vendor

Who are some good people to buy the 57 medals from? Any webpages offering them for sale?

Thanks
                        Paul

Comment

Stalingrad DKiS

To put this item to bed the Cross was not sold to me as my friend who had it was not happy with it after the comments. He took the top off and lo and behold it was put together with crazy glue. I may show you the parts on another thread . Beware crosses with engraving. Even an experienced collector gets stung once in awhile .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X