Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ekii.

Hello,

I would like some opinions on this one. To me it looks like a very nice original. But since I got it quite cheap, I am having some doubts.
    It has no mm and apart from a little dust it is practically mint. It comes from a Dutch non-collector which has bought it a long time ago in Germany, so he says...
    Opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Ivo Wilms; 01-24-2009, 04:10 PM.

This looks like a cross I have that another member thinks might be an unmarked C. Zimmermann EKII. The dates look identical. Can you please post a straight-on and clear photo of the beading around the swasi for positive ID? I'm very interested that one more like mine popped up. As of yet a marked '20' has 'never' been found, yet the member states that it's characteristics match it's maker's KC.

Comment

Interesting one ; been looking at it , but not sure . The 3 in the date 1939 seams to have a little 'bridge' at the top and bottom connecting it to the 9 in front ,which reminded me of a 65 ? Early die strike in very nice condition .
      A closeup streight on picture would help as Robert mentioned .

Douglas

Comment

Here's my cross...
        Attached Files

Comment

rev
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated.
            I hope this is alright:

Comment

Really a nice cross, the date is zimmermann ish

Comment

Here is some thing Robert ---- that will help identify the frame being the same as yours or not - a nice bead flaw is reconaisable in this one important side picture ----see if yours has it or not .

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

Exactly the same flaw in the beading, Douglas. They're a perfect match. This is the only other cross I have seen like this in years. Could this be a true Zimmermann EKII, is the question?

Comment

Here's my old thread on the cross....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=Zimmermann

Comment

And, here is the flaw on my beading...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the link. They sure look similar!
                        Here's the close-up of the "1939", as requested:

Comment

Robert & Douglas

As always i move my head in a deep downward motion in respect for you ICFP's

(Iron Cross Forensics Professors)

I'll ask Barry at E-Medals if there was any EKII's found in the burned Zimmermann lot and if he got any pics of them.

Comment

Yes, it would be interesting to see what Barry could come up with on this. Thank you.

Here are the two crosses again, their 1939 dates, which look very good...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X