Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74/sess_2b76d469a96982d1468edf2c22c0034582fb4da3b2360e45, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 My new EK2 - maker? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new EK2 - maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new EK2 - maker?

Hello everyone,

I just received this EK2 from a WAF member today. It is unmarked. Any idea which company made this one? Thanks in advance for any info!
    Attached Files

My new EK2 - maker?

reverse...
    Attached Files

Comment

My new EK2 - maker?

Another (slightly angled) view of the obverse...
      Attached Files

Comment

My new EK2 - maker?

Ribbon.
        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Looks a little 76-ish (E. L. Müller).. If you compare inner and outer corners, long trunks on the 1 etc (but the top part of the 3 might be wrong, slanted/not slanted)..
            Last edited by Friedrich; 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Friedrich,

Thanks for the reply! I looked at the 76 photos in the list, and it does look like it might be a 76. Another feature my cross shares with the 76 is the downward slant of the top of the 3, both in 1939 as 1813. Of course, several other makers have the same slanted 3s, but the 76 is the first one I looked at that seems to match most closely.

Hopefully other members will chime in as well.

John

Comment

All '76' marked EK2s I've seen have S&L type frames so unless the EK is marked to a specific maker there's no telling who might have made it, it could have been one of several manufacturers who used this type of frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                  All '76' marked EK2s I've seen have S&L type frames so unless the EK is marked to a specific maker there's no telling who might have made it, it could have been one of several manufacturers who used this type of frame.
                  Adrian,

Thanks for the reply. When I took it out of its mailing envelope, my first impression was that it looked a lot like an S&L, but the core wasn't the same.

Comment

I would go with a S&L Type as well , they used more than one frame and core .
                    It has the inside top right corner bead flaw .
                    Douglas

Comment

Douglas,

I was hoping you'd respond - you nearly always seem to have that little extra piece of info which solidifies a positive ID. Thanks!

My semi-novice eye can see no difference between any of the inside corners. What specifically is the "inside top right corner bead flaw"?

John

Comment

I pulled up the flaw ;
                        Douglas
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Douglas 5; 01-25-2009, 07:52 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Douglas,

Ah yes! I see it now. thanks.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                            I would go with a S&L Type as well , they used more than one frame and core .
                            It has the inside top right corner bead flaw .
                            Douglas
                            That's how i called 76.. Do the 76's have different kind of S&L frames or only this one? Is the core on this cross a match with the 76 core?

Comment

Here is a pic I put together for another thread. All are marked '76' and you will see they all have certain features that match the cross jt327gir has shown, the example showing the flaw Douglas has provided and which also match S&L marked crosses. It is difficult to nail an unmarked cross with an S&L type frame down to a specific maker.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X