S&L KVK1 w/o swords, marked "4"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&L KVK1 w/o swords, marked "4"

I am looking at purchasing a S&L KVK 1 w/o swords, marked "4" on the outside of the pin. The catch is seperately attached flat wire formed into a "c" and the hinge separately attached as well. It is pretty well accepted that a S&L KVK1 w/swords marked "4" has what looks like an integral hinge and catch. Is it pretty well accepted that the KVK1 w/o swords has such a different pin and catch setup from the KVK1 with swords of the same maker? I have searched the forum and cannot find a KVK1 w/o swords with an integral hinge and catch, so I assume that the pin setup on the one in question is accepted. First of all, does anyone have a KVK1 w/o swords with an integral hinge and catch and second, what are some other opinions?

Thanks in advance

Tom D.
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

"Is it pretty well accepted that the KVK1 w/o swords has such a different pin and catch setup from the KVK1 with swords of the same maker?"

Yes.
    George

Comment

4 KVK1 w/o swords

Hi there Tom,
      If you refer to the one on the Estand, I think, I hope, that I have beaten you to it. Looks good to me from the photo publshed and I assume that your very short comment George was a ??

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Terry, the one I am looking at is not on the e-stand, but it looks exactly like mine as far as I can tell from those pics. George, thank you for confirming what my research has told me. I will get the cross in my hand and check it out. Are there any die faults or characteristics you look for on a "4" KVK1 w/o swords other than those I mentioned above?

Thanks

Tom D.
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Tom,

I would imagine that the stippling on the arms of the one you are looking at should match the stippling on this one.
          Attached Files
          George

Comment

Thanks for the post George. I will compare it to yours and a few others I have been sent when I get it in my hands next week.

Thanks again for everyone's posts.

Tom D.

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X