Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An old vet!

How about something different!
    If this old vet could talk....It's is pretty well beat up but the overall patina is great.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Kane; 01-25-2004, 06:48 PM.
    Regards,
    Dave

more!

More!
    Last edited by Dave Kane; 01-25-2004, 06:49 PM.
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Quote from Tony Barto in another thread. . . . .

Just for the record, I have absolutely no issues with WHAT David said or has to say. I have personally found his comments and opinions to be thought provoking ..........

I guess that sorta sums up my feelings about this RK. Thought provoking is about it. . . . .The eye is not centered....the ring is cute . . . .the clasps look US . . .yup, thought provoking is a great term for me.

Watch it be from the estate of Gen. Rommel with a certified dealer guarentee.

Gary

Comment

Nicely centered ring!
        George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
          Nicely centered ring!
          Maybe it was made on a uboat from old coca cola cans or something like that.

Comment

I thought you boys would recognize a simple Iron Cross conversion!
            Especially George...
            Ofcourse it's going to look like a "red headed stepchild" but it dates to June '45 in Soissons France and came out of the enormous Officer POW camp set up there.

As a side note there's nothing US in its components.
            Dave
            Last edited by Dave Kane; 01-25-2004, 06:49 PM.
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

Last edited by Dave Kane; 01-25-2004, 06:50 PM.
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

I just said, "Nicely centered ring!"
                How does it date to the POW camp? Rock-solid provenance?
                George

Comment

Ofcourse not merely the story of an old man but at least it wasn't embellished to the point where it was a 'high ranking officer whom I shot' sort of thing. He he got it by trade along wth two P38's and a Lugar. Eventually the pistols were traded for other things....
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

Ok Kurt,
                    This baby has a story. I want to believe it, really I do! We all know that EK2's were converted from time to time into RK awards on U=boats, in POW camps, and far from home, but, you have to help us John, is there any paper work? What about a period photo that can identify the winner, and an article in German text that his unit did indeed make this for him? Are there any letters from an old vet that took it from him? This would also make things more clear. We need some help here . . .come on. . .John .. .I mean Kurt. . . dang, it's Dave now, with 5 kids, making payment for 6 months to be a member. Oh! OK, I think I've got it now. Now we know who you is . . .it's all fact from here on. Great RK dude!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X