Steinhauer & Luck German Cross in Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steinhauer & Luck German Cross in Gold

Does anyone have images of a genuine pre 1945 S&L DKG? I have never seen pictures of a real one.

Yuri

Hi

Hi Yuri.

You've more than likely already seen it but isn't there an S & L DK in Gordon's book.

Comment

Sorry Yuri,

I have looked in my files , but I remembered wrong, I haven't found it.

ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I've seen the one in Gordon's book, but I have problems with it.

o The wreath does not sit evenly on the obverse onf the award. On which other DKGs do you see that? That's not good quality control for such a high award.

o The rivets are really sloppy for a DKG.

I suspect that it's put together with 1957 parts.

Yuri

Comment

Hi Yuri,

I don't know references of DKiS marked "4" presented in Gordon's book. Book is done very well and I like it very much.
          I am sure, Gordon , before put it in his reputable book, has strong reasons to believe it can be an original DK. I really cannot say anything about this DK.

About your questions, my thoughts are:

# wreath is done as Juncker-Zimmermann - wreaths BUT date 1941 is similar like a Deschler DK.

# rivets are little differents from 1957 versions ( look follow photo ) BUT are similars as some copys around the world ( look for example a recent thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=34934 )

I agree that in any good DK we find similar rivets, but I cannot say if are wrong in a "4" DK.

ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Attached Files

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

I love Gordon's book. It's the best work on the subject ever done, in my opinion. I just have problems with that S&L DKG in the book. If you look at the quality of any other maker of DKGs, it's immaculate. Everything is perfectly symmetrical and fitted tightly together. I would like to examine the S&L shown in the book just to be sure, ofcourse.

Yuri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X