Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Spange Comments/Opinions?

Hello Gents,

I recently got this EK1 Spange and thought I would let the membership have a look. Not maker marked but in quite nice shape. Any info on possible makers, comments, opinions on authenticity, etc would be appreciated!

Happy collecting!

Cheers,

Adam
    Attached Files

Reverse

Here is the unmarked reverse. The catch is bent slightly and I am afraid of forcing the pin into place so have left it as is...
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Adam,

After the recent run of repros on the forum (ie spanges that turned out to be repros), it's nice to see what appears to be an original. An unmarked Mayer (#26). Congratulations!

Re the catch, first, check for any hirline cracks in the solder - if any are noticed, DO NOT proceed. Next, place some cloth next to the catch and, using a small/thin flathead screwdriver or knife blade, VERY gentle lever up the catch a bit at a time. I wouldn't suggest this for a zinc badge but for a quality badge like this there should be no problems. Your call though!!

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Looks 100% real to me also. Good score!

Here is a picture of mine, which is marked L/18 for B.H. Meyer.
        Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Here is the reverse.

Adam, be sure to spend a few moments reviewing older posts on this subject, there have been some lively discussions regarding these, and purported Floch copies. Rest assured though, yours is a keeper.
          Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Two Types

Mike / Mark,

So I assume that Mayer made two different styles of hinges and pins. I have one which I believe to be a Mayer, would welcome your comments.
            Attached Files
            Regards, Rob
            Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

and the reverse with the different hinge/pin set up
              Attached Files
              Regards, Rob
              Collecting Inerests Awards / Badges and Kriegsmarine

Comment

Hi Rob,

These have been discussed in the past, in association with the "raptor" fake. The two hinge/pin/catch assemblies are apparently correct for Mayer.

Regards
                Mike K

Originally posted by rhudspith
                Mike / Mark,

So I assume that Mayer made two different styles of hinges and pins. I have one which I believe to be a Mayer, would welcome your comments.
                Regards
                Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X