Floch fake EK1 - comments.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floch fake EK1 - comments.

This has been pronounced floch by a very reputable reference and need some comments confirming the flochness of it.

The seller does not want to budge on one reference alone (as can be understood) as he had someone pronounce it real.

Any assistance in this matter will be appreciated.

It is maker stamped L15.

This is neither a floch nor a fake.

stefan

Comment

It's an Orth with Souval parts.

Comment

Definitely not a Floch.
        George

Comment

agreed. salty dog

Comment

Here is a Floch on top (the copy), and an original L15 Orth with Souval parts on the bottom. Dipping three and bird-foot outer beading...
            Attached Files

Comment

another aid...
              Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm so one learns.

Thanks for the info.

And sorry for the silly question number two but I have read a lot about Souval with fakes. What is the story behind the Orth with souval parts?

The cross is question i going for approx 100 Euro/$150/93 pounds? Is that worth it in its current state?

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptos View Post
                  Hmmm so one learns.

Thanks for the info.

And sorry for the silly question number two but I have read a lot about Souval with fakes. What is the story behind the Orth with souval parts?
                  There's an excellent article I believe about the Souval Cross here. Try a search, it should come up.
                  The cross is question i going for approx 100 Euro/$150/93 pounds? Is that worth it in its current state?
                  Not in my opinion.

best
                  Hank
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Would there be any way to obtain any information about the name scratched into the back of the cross?

P.J. Bitzer.

Also, why would the person not engrave it more properly on a relatively higher level award but rather scratch it in crudely?
                    Last edited by Kryptos; 12-19-2008, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptos View Post
                      Would there be any way to obtain any information about the name scratched into the back of the cross?

Very doubtful without documentation.

P.J. Bitzer.

Also, why would the person not engrave it more properly on a relatively higher level award but rather scratch it in crudely?
                      $$$, and logistics.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X