KVK2 opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK2 opinions?

Bought this KVK2 a while ago. Looks solid enough. However the ribbon is frightfully new. Would this be due to the sheer amount of these awards produced that this was not issued? Or would the ribbon have been replaced? Alternatively could it be repro?

I don't see any problems with the cross or ribbon, you can find unissued ribbons fairly easily, some members here have bundles of them. I have a couple of full length, brand spanking new, unissued examples as well as some unissued KVK sets that have everything as it was the day it left the manufacturer so I wouldn't worry too much. Just out of interest, can you describe the feel of the ribbon? Is it fairly soft and supple or quite harsh and stiff?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
      I don't see any problems with the cross or ribbon, you can find unissued ribbons fairly easily, some members here have bundles of them. I have a couple of full length, brand spanking new, unissued examples as well as some unissued KVK sets that have everything as it was the day it left the manufacturer so I wouldn't worry too much. Just out of interest, can you describe the feel of the ribbon? Is it fairly soft and supple or quite harsh and stiff?

Thank you!!

Hmmm have not handled it a lot but I think it is quite harsh and stiff.

Comment

If you're unsure, you can buy an original length of ribbon to put your mind at rest quite cheaply. To my eyes it looks ok, the weave looks good but I could be wrong especially as you say it feels harsh. You could also try the burn test on the loose threads I see there, if it burns ash and smoke free you should be ok but if it burns with smoke or melts, get a new one.

Comment

Thanks, will do.

So my worst case scenario is original cross and fake ribbon?

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptos View Post
            Thanks, will do.

So my worst case scenario is original cross and fake ribbon?
            Worst case - Yes!
            Dion (munster) has rolls of KVK ribbon for sale on his site, drop him a message if you think you want a new length.

Comment

Excellent thanks!!!

Hmmm the shipping to South Africa will probably be worth more than the ribbon and the cross though

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X