What makes an EK-maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dietrich
    I'm already in contact with George about this. I envison a pictural data base of all known EK1 manufacturers with detailled pictures of front/rear/catch/hinge/pin on one standardized sheet each. From this 'gospel' data sheets we would work our way into the cross-overs. With the help of the members and some technical guidelines an very nice and comprehensive electronic data booklet could be created. It would be absolutely unique and would scare the living s**t out of the forgers. The same could be done with other items, such as badges or what have you.

I tried already to start with some scientific aproach with the rarity statistics.

It is really just a matter of help from everybody and putting it together. The data is on our hands already, we 'just' need to put it together. I'm willing to help and drive it.

Dietrich
    Great, go ahead and work with George. I am already working on a huge article/database, which is what's taking on my time. When that is done, I would be ready to look into the data that you have.
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Good job Dietrich, LAV. That's we need here!!!

That's LOTS of ADDED VALUE!

Comment

I have been reading this thread with interest and have a suggestion. Dietrich, what you could do is make a list of all EK makers who were manufacturers of their own parts and assembled their own EK's. I think Gordon could help with the names of companies who were actually making the frames, etc. Then mark on a map the area they were based in. Then with a list of companies that were non-manufacturers but only assembled and sold/supplied EK's, find out what areas they were based in and who the major manufacturing company was that was based in their general area. With that information, see if the EK's from certain areas share the same characteristics of the crosses by the major manufacturer for the general area.
        I know it's not much to go on but we may be able to base EK construction by what area it came from rather than by which specific maker, the logic being that the smaller companies would have got their parts from their nearest large manufacturing supplier.

Regards,
        Brett

Comment

Good job Dietrich .

We could be indeed on the edge of something very big and unique here.
          If you need any help please let me know.

Pascal

Comment

And here's another example. Two exact ek's except core seems to have changed but obviously the same ek's.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=34467

Cool project.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X