Round 3 EK2 maker comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Douglas,
    Here is my round three, it is a thick type. I believe mine matches the cross marked 'A' above. The inner corners do have some similarities but I think the outer corners have more in common with each other. Obviously there may well be die wear and finishing to take into consideration.

P.S. I haven't forgotten the pics of the other EK2 you emailed me about, just haven't had time to take them yet.
    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse....
      Attached Files

Comment

This bottom corner is quite interesting. 'A' and 'D' look very similar but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the other two crosses could have come from the same die after a bit of re-working.
        Attached Files

Comment

EK2 Round 3 "Thick version" die flaws

Hi guys, do any of your crosses have the same die flaws as mine?

2 o' clock scrunched beading.

4 o' clock die crack.
          Attached Files

Comment

My cross has neither the scrunched bead (as can be seen above) nor the die flaw, I looked at it under magnification and there is no trace whatsoever.

Comment

Last edited by ben bijker; 04-24-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

EK2 Round 3 centers

Not the best pic, from top to right. A-D, Adrians cross & mine.
                Attached Files

Comment

EK2 Round 3 2 o' clock

order is same as above
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the all the pictures and comments with comparisons . With Xmas next week been swamped with other things , could not answer sooner .
                    Very interesting area and with all the variations looks like 3 or 4 makers here alone to the round 3s shown . Just puzzeled over the purpose or intent of the round 3 . Even as these are not marked - every maker of these does have a regular flat head 3 it made in larger quantity ! Like if the 8 or 10 or so manufacturers were told to stop using round 3s ?? In contrast some unmarked Schinkels - which were made through out the war - have been linked to various makers . Why no round 3 have been associated to a maker yet like the Schinkels have ??? I am working on one right now but have not found any identified by maker sofar .

Douglas

Comment

Comment

Round 3 Deschler

Have one of those hopefully coming in from germany soon. Will post pics asap, the only round 3 i know of too that is assigned to a maker.

Comment

Hi Ben :
                          If memory serve me correct , the Deschler is the straight foot 3 and 9 which you got I think from Luud ?
                          Gorden Williamson has a ring maker marked Schinkel - looks like WILM ?
                          Winkler sold some time ago a nickle plated magnetic - looks like - one piece Schinkel that due to heavy die wear mid to late war made type .
                          Attached Files

Comment

I owned for a short time a late war made Schinkel . Very thin plated nickel , iron frame and core - 3 piece . Plating chipping in some places with rust under the paint . Sent back as it was damaged in shipping .

Douglas
                            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Round 3 Deschler

Hopefully on its way to Sweden soon...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X