Ek2 65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek2 65

How about the swaz? On mine it appears that its base is broader than its top (does that make sense?). I am unable to compare with my other EK2's as I am away from home. Page 77 of Gordon's book seems to show this also. Is this common or only found on certain makers?

Comment

Ive got a 65 marked piece on hand, and the 1813 date looks identical to George's photo. The swastika is also very high relief, almost as high as the beading on the frame. Again, that doesn't prove that either one is good or bad. Just different.

Tim
      "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!" - President Merkin Muffley

Comment

Ek2 65

Any other owner of a 65 want to add to this thread?

Comment

Hello TerryG
          I have two 65 Ek2s in which after reading this thread decided to examine them under a magnifying glass and i found that the cores were different on each,one had a fat 8 and the other had a thinner 8.When i turned them over to look at the swastika the one with the fat 8 has a slightly fatter swastika on it to as well as the 1939 is slightly different too.
          However both frames,suspension loops and maker marks are identical.Could it be that the maker had two different types of cores or maybe had different dies for the cores.Anybody else add to this.Iam sorry i am unable to supply pictures.
          Darren C.R

Comment

Ek2 65

Thanks for your comments anyway. Makes me feel better.
            Cheers.
            Terry

Comment

Ek2 65

I hav got a 65 marked piece on hand too, and the 1813 date looks also identical to George's photo. If someone is interested in photos please send me a pm with your email. i am a new member and i am not allowed to attach photos.

Comment

If I remember correctly there are 2 excepted versions of the 65 EK II. There was a thread a while back and it came up. I think Seba also has both. Try doing a search. I did a quick one but drew a blank.
                David Tiffin
                "They were the Leathernecks, the old breed of American regular, regarding the service as home and war an occupation!" (John Thomason, Jr. Fix Bayonets)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X