Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kc Kvk

fellas -

I have the chance to trade for this KC marked "935" with S&L's "4". the gathered ribbon w/its ties look like it's been there "forever." no case but there IS a story...

all opinions much appreciated, and ASAP please!

david
    Attached Files

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3 - last one
      Attached Files

Comment

oopps sorry for the double post...

pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

pic 5
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't understand. 40 views so far and NO replies?!

threads about these very rare medals get huge discussion traffic. if you do - or don't - like it please say, and tell us why. pretty simple really.

thanks,
            david

Comment

Hi David,

For many years all discussions about the RK d. KVK revolved around the producer Deschler (1). In the new book from Gordon W. two more producers are being brought forward as wartime manufacturers, St.&L and Zimmermann. The fact that this rather intrigueing statement hasn't been thoroughly discussed on the various forums for confirmation might be a reason for the reluctance to express an opinion.

cheers
              Peter

Comment

I personally have no doubt that S&L produced RK's of the KVK, both in silver (marked 4 and 935) and in silver-washed zink (marked 4). The problem is that I have seen these, but never had one in my actual possession to photograph. The one shown here COULD be OK, but better photos are needed and a "hands-on" would be best.

Comment

thanks a lot peter and leroy

peter: this sounds like a "call for discussion." obviously I agree...

leroy: are there known fakes of these by St/luck? I wish I'd been sent better pix but I wasn't - save for the ribbon, which looked right as rain to my rather inexpert eyes color and conditionwise anyhow...

can anyone else chime in please? gordon?

Comment

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
                    leroy: are there known fakes of these by St/luck? I wish I'd been sent better pix but I wasn't - save for the ribbon, which looked right as rain to my rather inexpert eyes color and conditionwise anyhow...

Considering S&L made everything from bedpans to RK's after the war always puts their wares into the "unknown period" area.

Comment

terra incognita, then; sounds darrell like you're suggesting I pass...?

for how long for how long did they make RKs after 1945?

thanks.

Comment

for how long for how long did they make RKs after 1945?

thanks.
                        1945 versions? Hard to say. That's the million Dollar question everyone would like to know.

Gordon Williamson just released a book on the KVK series and lists the RK KVK S&L as "War-time". You don't see many S&L RK KVK's for sale. I'm sure there are war-time issues, just as there are post war issues. But I'm not so sure we have the evidence on these we do on the Pre-Post War S&L RK's. And that subject itself is wide open to debate where the line is.

Comment

leroy: are there known fakes of these by St/luck?
                          I would think that if they had, we'd see lots of them, as we do with RK's of the Iron Cross. I personally have not seen them. It is entirely possible that fakers have put the 4 and 935 marks on fakes (as they have done with RK's of the Iron Cross) but the ones (RK's of the Iron Cross) I've seen this done with don't have S&L frames or cores. KVK RK's by S&L are, in my opinion, rare things.

I have personally never seen a postwar S&L product (and there are MANY of them) which matches wartime quality and finishing. Although I can't pretend to speak for him, I believe that Bob Hritz has made that same statement on this Forum many times.

Comment

thanks again. gents. seems a big Q. mark surround this cross. maybe TOO big.

Comment

Selling a cross like this with these pictures?!

I would wait for another rkkvk or at least wait for MUCH better photos!

/peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X