Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orth EK1

Hi guys,

Crosses aren't my strong suite, but this one looked good and it is out of the woodwork, so to speak and the price was right with all the other items. Marked 15 on the pin, and is pretty much mint. It does NOT have a magnetic core, which scared me a bit, but I think it is copper judging by a piece of missing core paint on the top arm. It also came with a case that also looks original enough, but is unmarked. I also like the hand bevelling on the reverse arms of the cross, a nice touch IMO. Does this match well with other Orth crosses, and are they known to have used copper cores with some consistency?

Thanks guys.

Tom
    Attached Files
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

date
    Attached Files
    If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

r
      Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

It's as right as rain, Tom Beautiful example!

Comment

very nice example. No worries here

Comment

A very nice early example with different features than my magnetic mid-late war produced Orth. Great Cross that will display nice! The frame on Orth's Shine when in this great condition!!!!
            Kevin

Comment

Tom,

Here's a little secret 'dimple' on this maker's frame that I think was planned to center the ring on the EKII's. Sometimes you find them on the bottom, sometimes on the top of EKI's (frame spun 180 degrees). Here's yours. A casual search through the archives pulls up more examples of the same.
              Attached Files

Comment

Mine...
                Attached Files

Comment

And my example is like Roberts at the top.
                  Nice looking cross Robert! Any 15's ever seen with the dimple on a 9 or 3 arm? I would think a few out there since no worry about the jump ring on an EKI.
                  Kev

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                    And my example is like Roberts at the top.
                    Nice looking cross Robert! Any 15's ever seen with the dimple on a 9 or 3 arm? I would think a few out there since no worry about the jump ring on an EKI.
                    Kev
                    Hi Kevin!

I don't know. So far all I've seen are the one's with the dimple at the top or bottom. But, I would think others at 3:00 or 9:00 would exist also.

Comment

My Orth also has a non-magnetic core.
                      George

Comment

Mine has the iron core, and the round wire catch...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Mine is much like roberts, round wire catch and the pin has the same lines or marks as his.
                          Do any members have a cross with the dimple at 9 or 3 arm?
                          Kev

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replys.

Robert, I see that little dot like you are talking about and that is a great tip to look for on Orth crosses, thanks!!

Mine has sort of a thick wire catch, reminds me of the FLL catch found on their CCCs, but Souval is also known to have used this type of catch on their CCCs, another Vienna maker.

Here are more pics of the hinge and catch and a few of the case, which also looks perfectly original IMO. Push button and piano hinge of the case are magnetic, and the case is unmarked, but behind the lid backing are "2420.D&B" and under the insert is "N.2597 D&B". The D&B under the insert or inside an oval.

Here is a link to the whole entire vet find:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...39#post2941939

Thanks guys.

Tom
                            Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

c
                              Attached Files

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X