What material is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What material is this?

Please excuse my ignorance. Can someone please confirm what this is made from.
    thank you
    andy
    Attached Files

rear

rear
    Attached Files

Comment

I really don't know enough about these Schickle crosses to say for sure. One would think it was zinc because of the mounting spots for the hinge and catch, but I honestly couldn't say.

Comment

Last edited by ben bijker; 04-24-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

IMO a new reworked floch fake.
          It's the second KVK which I know.

Regards

Daniel
          Regards
          Daniel

Search:
          !!! all awards with [L/15] mark !!!
          Otto Schickle
          All early 57er pieces

Comment

Gordon Williamson's book says to watch out for fake L15's which look like the original Schickles, and I'll bet the number in the little box is just that. The raised hardware spots had me thinking it might be an original. Can you provide a shot of the maker mark, please?

Comment

mm

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
              Gordon Williamson's book says to watch out for fake L15's which look like the original Schickles, and I'll bet the number in the little box is just that. The raised hardware spots had me thinking it might be an original. Can you provide a shot of the maker mark, please?
              Finally able to get a pic of the mm.Yes it is L15. My question is are all L15 marked crosses copies or not. If not can someone post as original please
              thansk
              andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                Sorry to come back to this thread but i have seen of late quite a few L15 KVK,s with this set up on the estand? Is this one a copy as I cannot see any differences? Am I missing something obvious?
                Thansk in advance
                andy

Comment

the oval roundel under the hinge was a good sign for orignality. Now someone has taken a fake floch and removed the hinge and put that oval roundel there to make it look more oriignal. The remaining setup is still a giveaway though.

Comment

Last edited by ben bijker; 04-24-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X