Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 - original or fake?

Hello,
    I need your help - these crosses is originality or fake?
    ( Click on image in order to enlarge it)
    1) MM-20

2) Without mm

Both original crosses. the 20 is a typical zimmermann with rust on the core and the unmarked cross looks like a W&L, '100'

Comment

I could be mistaken, and I say this with hesitation, but I believe the unmarked EKI could possibly be an unmarked S&L. The date, the frame and pin assembly all resemble more an S&L rather than a W&L. Even the swasi is more like the S&L, being larger.

Robert

Comment

I know what you mean with the core Robert the date doesnt fit the typical W&L, but the pin really fits the W&L style and I have seen W&L with this catch as well.. so im not sure anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
          I know what you mean with the core Robert the date doesnt fit the typical W&L, but the pin really fits the W&L style and I have seen W&L with this catch as well.. so im not sure anymore
          The frame is missing the scrunched bead as the W&L's have. Also, the webbed corners typical to W&L. The top of the early S&L pins is filed at an angle like this, the W&L's flat. Here's an early S&L to compare...

Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

i think thats a perfect match the early S&L

Comment

Here's a W&L...
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't know Steinar,

This cross has me confused. I want to say S&L. It seems as though my comparison photos of the pins were wrong. Parts of the core almost look repainted, especially around the beading. The more I look at the catch, the more oversized it looks. ?????

Robert

Comment

Here's an early S&L...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Robert

The backside looks like W&L. Did all the early S&L ek1s have a copper or pin/catch or..? The front side really looks like S&L...

Comment

Originally posted by Steinar View Post
                      Hello Robert

The backside looks like W&L. Did all the early S&L ek1s have a copper or pin/catch or..? The front side really looks like S&L...
                      My S&L's catch has remnants of silver on it still.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X