varying prices of common awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

varying prices of common awards

hi guys, i was interested to hear that you lot in the states can pick up a nice example of a kvk2 for as little as $45. here in britain we would expect to pay around £35, thats about $70 i think, and about the same for a nice ostfront. do prices of third reich medals vary so much in different countries?
    sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

you should be able to get kvk2's with swords very very cheap. since the germans made millions. I would never pay more than $30-35 for 1

Comment

Prices

Well, I guess they do if that's what your sources are asking but you should be able to get a nice KVK, with or without swords, for half what you are saying. I see you are new here and I'm guessing that you are also new to the hobby. Maybe you have not yet found good sources? Collector to collector prices are usually the best and can be found on the Estand. However there are a number of good dealers who sell at reasonable prices. Several of them are members of WA. Others gouge the unsuspecting public for every cent they can. It's a matter of doing your research. Watch the Estand for a few weeks and you will get a feel for prices. Try going through those web site links I provided you with the other day on Ed's thread and that will also help.

Regards,
      Stu

Comment

I don't know where you're looking mate but I never pay anymore than £20 for a KVKII and that would be an early tombak one.

Comment

Hello

If you are paying £35 for a KVK2 then that's well over the odds. I've just had quick look at a couple of UK dealers, and they are offering KVK2s, complete with original ribbons, with and without swords for between £17.50 and £22.50 - and for £22.50 it comes complete with the original waxed paper wrapper. Apart from the cheapest all are described as being early, tombak pieces and many are maker marked.

Regards
          David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X