Denazified EK appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denazified EK appreciation thread

Ausgang and I have decided to start up a thread for people to show their denazified EK awards

Not everybodies cup of tea I know but personally I love these beat up pieces and the part of history that they represent.

I'll kick it off with 3 of mine. More to follow time permitting.
    Attached Files

The back.

The MM 26 cross, at the bottom of the picture, was the first EK1 I ever owned and it is still the most favorite piece of my collection to this day.

There is just something about that first EK1 that will always make it special.
    Attached Files

Comment

Denazzed L/10 screwback

Nice scarce L/10 screw back with stamped disk but it arrived in my hands far too late!
      Attached Files

Comment

L/10 pin back

L/10 pin back with a lot of missing beading, dang it!
        Attached Files

Comment

L/11 copper plated core

Pin back L/11 copper plated iron core!
          Attached Files

Comment

L/11

L/11 pin back...
            Attached Files

Comment

L/13

L/13 pin back.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
                L/11 pin back...
                Looks like the swastika was taken off not that long ago??? weird. why do it as there is a still a clear swastika showing

interesting crosses mate

somehow I think it will just be me and you on this thread

Comment

Nice scarce L/10 screw back with stamped disk but it arrived in my hands far too late!
                  I will never get the hang of these, but on the other hand : it's good we\re not all after the same items!

Anthony, what do you mean with: stamped disc???

Best regards,
                  Ben

Comment

Hi Ben. This is what I mean.
                    Attached Files

Comment

denazified L/10 screwback... what a shame for such a RARE cross

I can understand why some people like to collect these, but its certainly not for everyone, but every serious collector should own at least 1 denaz award, either its an iron cross or a badge/clasp...

Comment

L/18

L/18 pin back with a fairly clean removal
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNZ View Post
                          Looks like the swastika was taken off not that long ago??? weird. why do it as there is a still a clear swastika showing

interesting crosses mate

somehow I think it will just be me and you on this thread
                          Hey DaveNZ, I think that maybe the person who removed the swastika did so in such a manner that the swastika was gone but legible traces could still be seen. I've seen buildings in Germany that had been so neatly denazified that the swaz is still clearly visible since the surface of the stone is different where the symbol was chipped away.

Lets hope we get some more on this here thread!

Comment

Hi Ben. This is what I mean.

That is why i expected to see Anthony, but I have NEVER seen it before.
                            They are usually stamped on the cross itself.

Thanks for showing, have you compared it to the stamp on the L/10 pinback??

Best regards,
                            Ben

Comment

Hey DaveNZ, I think that maybe the person who removed the swastika did so in such a manner that the swastika was gone but legible traces could still be seen. I've seen buildings in Germany that had been so neatly denazified that the swaz is still clearly visible since the surface of the stone is different where the symbol was chipped away.

Lets hope we get some more on this here thread!
                              True true: so you have been to Germany? Lucky. I am going to get there one day

ok back to the topic at hand: I have about 20 denazified EK's i'll add them to this thread as time permits. I dont have a scanner/camera so have to find the time to do it at work: but I will get there in the end

truth be told; the system I have is that I bring in a bag of lollies to work for one of my workmates, who in turn scans my iron crosses etc for me on his work scanner

its a good deal all round and now this guy is becoming somewhat knowledgeable about TR awards.

god help us if the boss walks into the office whilst we are scanning

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X