Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC recipients cross reference translated

Thought this may be of interest.

I have received a flyer from a local book seller, who is printing a translated version of a German publication on Kinights Cross winners.

Titled: Elite of the Third Reich; The recipients of the Knights Cross
    Author: Walther-Peer Fellgiebel
    Price: £39.95
    512 pages hardback

I have not seen it yet, but it states to contain lists of all known recipients, listing:Name, Rank, Unit & date of award.

It also claims to have Index cross-references of names and units.

If it is any good, & there is sufficient interest, I should be able to obtain some copies at a discounted price to forum members.

Regards,

Neil

Originally posted by Neil Howes
    If it is any good, & there is sufficient interest, I should be able to obtain some copies at a discounted price to forum members.
    Hi Neil,

If it is as good as you say, I would be very interested in obtaining a copy, as I am researching a lot of RKT's at the moment.

Best Regards
    Phil

Comment

I would be interested as well. Put me down for one.
      Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Ich auch!
        George

Comment

I'm interested as well!

Regards,
          Pascal

Comment

book

I'd be interested in a copy also.

Thanks!
            An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Me too

Angel
              Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hello ,
                I only wanted to let you know that there will be a new Fellgiebel later this year perhaps next year .The OdR (Ordensgemeinschaft der Ritterkreuzträger) works since a lot of time to this project .And it comes to the end .
                The new Fellgiebel will enclose name ,rank,unit and date of award .Also there will be list the date of birth ,place of birth,date of decease (as known today) and place of deseace.
                The manager of the OdR ist working with good friends at this project and its well done in some month .I myself work through the list since month .The manager is a very good friend of me and I m one of the "helpers" to get the book ready
                I think this will be your flyer from the new Fellgiebel .
                Best
                Uli;-)

Originally posted by Angel Farré
                Me too

Angel

Comment

Update

Just thought I would update you on this at last!!

The distributer has received the book a few days before Christmas. They are sending me a copy so I can post some scans on the forum.

I will also be able to give all of you who are interested in a copy a discounted price that will include post & any Paypal fees (if used).

Regards,

Neil

Comment

Thanks for keeping us informed Neil. I'm looking forward to the scans.

Pascal

Comment

Hello ,
                      I m sorry to let you know that this one you wrote about is not the real new "Fellgiebel" .That is the one which enclosed the "old" Fellgiebel and his
                      book with supplements and mistakes from the old one .
                      The "new" Fellgiebel is still in process .And it will contain more information than the old Fellgiebel .It will also contain date of birth ,city of birth,date of deceased and city of where the recepient dies .
                      You may believe me or not .I m member of the Knights Cross Assossiation and work at this book .This real "new" Fellgiebel isn`t printed before summer
                      2004 and will contain much more information to any recepient than any other book before does .
                      Best
                      Uli;-)

Originally posted by Neil Howes
                      Just thought I would update you on this at last!!

The distributer has received the book a few days before Christmas. They are sending me a copy so I can post some scans on the forum.

I will also be able to give all of you who are interested in a copy a discounted price that will include post & any Paypal fees (if used).

Regards,

Neil

Comment

put me down for a copy id be very intrested t!

Comment

I have just received a copy. I will take some scans & post them tomorrow.

Note this is an English version, so if another 'new' edition appears, will that be in English, I wonder.

I will be able to get 30% off the list price (£39.95) if I can order enough.

Regards,

Neil

Comment

I have taken a few pics to give an idea of the content, not the best, but scans take up too much memory! The book has 414 pages & is a straight translation of previous editions, there are all the forwards & intros from them.

The content is the broken down into award type & in some cases notes about late war awards. The RK list is 275 pages. Giving name , rank, unit, death details & award date in name order only.

Book weighs in with Amazon type card packaging at 850gms so post to Europe £4.50, US £8.00. I would think for international requirements Paypal would be best so rough total would be Europe £32, US £35.50, there may be £1 more on each, just to give you an idea.

I will need 6 confirmed orders to get the discount (thanks Jerry W).

I will post pics later as I am having trouble laoding them at the moment

Regards,

Neil

Comment

Pics.

Thanks Tom for the order.

Neil
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X