Question RE: Medal Protocol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question RE: Medal Protocol

Where would a parade mounted medal bar containing an EK II be worn? On the left shirtpocket, below the EK I and above a wound badge or an assault badge? Or someplace else on the uniform?

Originally posted by Nicholas Link View Post
    Where would a parade mounted medal bar containing an EK II be worn? On the left shirtpocket, below the EK I and above a wound badge or an assault badge? Or someplace else on the uniform?
    It would be worn on the left breast, above the combat badges and EKI. And that raises a question for me - where then would a KM or Heer CCC, or Luftwaffe flight clasp be worn if a court mount was worn? Above the mount?

Robert

Comment

This answers my question. Please forgive me, Mike, for using your photo for this thread.

Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

Robert ;
        As the picture is up , ... where is the backing to that Navik shield ?
        Belt is a bit high , I think ?

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
          Robert ;
          As the picture is up , ... where is the backing to that Navik shield ?

Douglas
          This is an excellent photo, and a good one for many to see with the absence of the backing material. I have seen many unbacked shields on tunics today, and including tunics in Tim Curley's 'Waffenrock' book. Period photos don't lie. I'm glad we have them. Perhaps a Luftwaffe-backed shield was not available, and he wanted to have the shield to wear/display...??

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
            Robert ;

Douglas
            A bit high?...Have you seen where the women is wearing their belt today, just below their breasts?

But jokes a side, that is an awesome picture

/Flemming

Comment

What makes the picture even better for me is the presence of the type 1 wound badge.

I assume that the picture is an extract from a full phot of the person, so does anyone have any idea who the person pictured is?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by fugpaw View Post
                What makes the picture even better for me is the presence of the type 1 wound badge.

I assume that the picture is an extract from a full phot of the person, so does anyone have any idea who the person pictured is?

Mike
                No, I don't. It belongs to Mike Heuer, who may have a name. The belt - it is not too high, no. This is where the belt was worn normally. Sometimes you'll see the lower badges riding on top of the belt!

Robert

Comment

Thank you, Gentlemen. The picture was worth a thousand words.

Comment

Hi,

He is also wearing a Life saving medal as the second award on the bar, quite rare.

Gary B
                    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Robert,

No problem using the photo! Glad it could be of help. And yes, it is an extract of a wedding photo that is one of the favorites I have in my photo collection -- so much to see.

I have no idea who the officer is. Here is the full photo.

Best regards,

Mike
                      Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Thanks Mike,

The photo is outstanding. The Luftwaffe uniforms were excellent. How I would like to own this one!

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X