Iron Cross 1st Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross 1st Class

Hello All, I am currently bidding on a Iron Cross 1st class at an estate auction. It has the presentation case and is Maker mark 26. Overall condition is fantastic! I am a begining collector so as far as values and fakes go I am a amature! I know it is hard to place a value on something you can't see, but if anyone could give me just a general price value for Iron Cross 1st classes it would be fantastic, also any tips to spot a fake! Thank you all so much!

EK 1's

http://warbadges.tripod.com/index.htm

The above web site is by fellow member DAvid Tiffin and has some excellent information regarding the iron cross. David is an avid collector of EK I's and owns many fine examples which are pictured on his web site.

Prices vary depending on where you buy them from. I have personally never bought anything from an estate sale. The sites on the internet generally have prices ranging from $150 to $250, depending on the condition, maker, and whether it is cased or not.

Kevin

Comment

small correction...those "new old stock" 26 marked Ek 1's are fetching around $350, cased. Stone cold mint though. I guess value is peceived...

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

Price on cased '26' EK1s

Hello Mark,

I saw a handful of these '26' marked EK1s at the SOS. Most were in stone mint condition. None were priced at more than $250 - and that was the starting price. Probably could have negotiated down to $225, at worst.

I believe that prices on these EK1s are more a function of who the seller is as opposed to the overall condition or rarity of the badge.

Calvin
        -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

Youre right Calvin, I was sharing information gleaned from several US websites, not show prices. A mint EK1 cased for $250 is definately a great buy. I know i would have grabbed one for that!

Thats what I meant about "value percieved".To me, $350 doesnt seem like such a great deal, but obviously these dealers are selling them for that, so evidently others do not share my miserly sentiments!

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

EK I's

Hopefully all of this good insight will help "Rejean" in his quest to acquire a nice piece for his collection.

Good Luck and have fun collecting !

Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X